Chapter 4

Skylar's POV

It was two o'clock in the morning and I could not bring myself to sleep. Everyone I knew was asleep. Tomorrow was Friday and everyone was tired of this week. So of course they were sleeping. Or at least I think they are asleep. But point was I wasn't my mind was racing and before I laid down my eyes burned and I wanted nothing more than to lay in my double top queen sized bed. It was extra fluffy and the perfect size for a person who sleeps as restless as me. I was prepared to sleep good as hell tonight. I grunted and rolled onto my side.

My room was a sky blue color well the walls were. My mom and I painted my room before she died. I had a few positive posters here and there. I guess I have them to remind myself that there are better things outside of Brookeside. I'm now laying on my back staring up at my ceiling. I sighed as I tried to get some sleep once more. When sleep didn't come I sat up in the dark. My dad decided he wanted to work a double. Again.

Suddenly my phone begins to vibrate. I furrowed my eyebrows beyond confused. Why was someone calling me at two in the morning? My father doesn't call me he sends vague bullshit messages. I grabbed my phone and looked at my screen. The number was unknown. I stared at the phone debating whether or not to answer the phone.

Whatever maybe it's a serial killer and I only have seven days to live. "Hello you've reached Pizza Paradise how may I take your order?" I say instantly.

"Uh... I'm sorry I thought this was Skylar. Maybe I took the wrong number sorry..." the guy said. What the fuck? How'd he even get my number? Also why the fuck would he call me at two o'clock in the morning?

"Leo?" I said. I heard him clear his throat.
"Okay to be honest I thought I would've had to call more than once." he replies.
"How did you get my number, pervert?" I asked and then he laughs.
"I may have... Got it from my mom's phone or maybe your friend... Sophia gave it to me." he said. But I knew it was the latter. Goddamn it Natasha. I scoffed.

"Okay but what do you want?" I asked. "Well I'm up and your up I was wondering have you ever seen the sunrise?" he asked.

That's how I ended up where I am now. On a cliff surprisingly I did not want to jump off of it. It was above the ocean and it's waves was unforgiving as it hit against the wall of the cliff. I tried not to pay too much attention to where it was.

Wouldn't want to end up here alone would I? I took a seat on a rock looking over the moon looked like it was sitting on the water. It was without a doubt beautiful. He sat on a rock not too far away from me.

"I don't know why I came..." I said. "But I think I'm happy that I did." I said as I turned around to look at him. He smiled at me. I cleared my throat and turned back around.

"Why me Leo? There's so many pretty girls out there... So many people you can choose from." I said. I was so confused and I didn't understand why.

"You are... Something else... It's difficult to explain because I promised you no more compliments. But Sky... You are so--" he stopped himself from saying anything further but instead grabbed my hand.

Human interaction. To most people... This would not be something to freak out about. But I am not most people and I was about to freak. I looked down at his hand holding mine. I felt to panic creep into me. I'm alone on a cliff with a guy I barely knew. What was I thinking? I snatched my hand away from him.

"Take me home," I said. He looked beyond shocked. "I'm fat. Not stupid." I stood up walking away from the cliff on to the main road. I had no idea where I was going but I was stubborn so I didn't stop walking.

"Sky! Sky! Come on! It's not even like that!" he yelled after me. I'm not even sure what I think is that. But I knew my walls were about come crumbling down like it was nothing. Like I didn't build a hard ass exterior around my heart for years just for him to come and melt it down in seconds. It wasn't fair. I finally noticed his car a couple feet away when his hand grabbed my upper arm and pulls me so that I am now facing him.