Chapter 1: A Night By The Pier

Mordecai placed his elbows on the table resting his chin on the palms of his hands as he sipped his fruit shake from his glass, the drink chilling the insides of his mouth. He sat staring into the calm green eyes of the red head seated across him.

"So uh Margaret, what do you think of our first date...?" He said as a blush grew on his face

The red head moved some of her bangs to the side as she leaned towards him. Mordecai felt his face heat up as she did so.

Margaret parted her lips and said "PLAYER 1 WINS!"

Mordecai jumped back in his seat his eyes wide as his surroundings began to fade, he was waking up.

Mordecai groaned as the overly epic music of their video game played in the background. He stretched his arms and took in a deep breath as he struggled to open his eyes, the light from their tv contrasting with their dark dorm room.

He sat up, taking a moment to take in his surroundings. The tv was still connected to their game console, their controller both on the floor.

Rigby was fast asleep beside him, snoring slightly, his face burried in the popcorn bowl. He rolled his eyes and smirked at the sight of his best friend "heh.. you're.. almost kinda cute, when you're not being a total pain in the ass"

"I heard that" Rigby said in a tired voice, his face still on the popcorn bowl. The popcorn slightly muffling the sound of his voice.

Mordecai couldn't help but laugh a bit as he ruffled his friends hair. "Yeah whatevs dude."

Rigby swatted away mordecai's hand as he lifted his face from the popcorn bowl, popcorn falling out of his hair and off his face. "Don't touch my hair, I don't want you ruining this work of art."

"Well dude, that so called work of art still has some popcorn in it"

"Shut up man, its called functionality" Rigby said as he took a piece if popcorn from his hair and dropped it into the bowl

"Whatevs, anyways let's get out of bed and get ready for our day at Amusement Miiilllleee!!" Mordecai said as he got out of bed, turning off their gaming console.

"Ohh yeah!! Amusement Milleee!!" Rigby said basically jumping out of bed and tackling mordecai to the carpeted floor.

"Haha, yeah! and ouch. If you wanted a hug so badly all you had to do is ask" mordecai said with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"Ugggghhhg... let's just go! Amusement Mile man! Let's go!".

"Amusement mile! Amusement mile! Woohhhhh!" The two of them said in unison.

"Haha, wait... dude" mordecai said as he turned his attention to the window.

"What is it? Let's just go already, don't wanna be late for our date with scream-naaadoo!"

"Dude." Mordecai said as he turned Rigby's face to the window, the sun was already setting. "I think its a little too late for that now.."

"Awwww man, whaat? Gonna let a little night time ruin our weekend?"

"No dude, its not safe. Its almost 6 And this wouldn't have happened if you listened last night. Uugggh I knew this was going to happen" Mordecai said gently pushing Rigby of him and standing up.

"Awwww come onnnn, we live in the safest part of town plus its just 5:45. And amusement mile's a bike ride away!" Rigby said tugging at Mordecai's hand as he sat on the floor.

"No dude."

"Pleeeaaassseeeeee?" Rigby said making puppy eyes and wearing a small pout on his face.