Damn demons.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Alec asked Nyx as he saw her walk in and stop after a few steps, her hands pulling out her two seraph blades, twirling them as they glowed a bright white color.

"Holding them off," Nyx answered like it was obvious. "Take Clary back to the Institute," that was mainly directed to Jace who had also joined in next to Alec as they stood in font of the older red head. Alec, knowing that he shouldn't leave her alone, swiped his hand over his shoulder, revealing his pouch filled with red feathered, runed arrows and his bow.

"No. If your staying, I'm staying. We fight together," Jace told Alec firmly once seeing him get his favorite weapon out.

"Don't be stupid. If the demons get the Cup, we're dead anyways," Alec told his beloved parabatai.

"I'm not leaving anyone behind."

"You don't have a choice," Nyx told him, facing the door once again.

"Don't worry. It's not like this is the first time Alec and probably Nyx had saved your life. I doubt it'd be the last," Isabelle tried to reassure her adoptive brother, a smile on her red painted lips. Both her and Clary turned around and began walking, the Lightwood's hand on her friend's shoulder as she caught the hesitant look Clary sent to her older sister, not wanting to leave her behind.

"Go," Alec stated firmly, raising his bow after attaching an arrow, coming to stand next to the combat ready red head. He sent her a nod, to which she responded with one identical to his. 

Nothing happened for a few minutes. It was only silence as both shadowhunters stood tense with their weapons out, ready to send any demons back to hell if they arrived. Suddenly, Nyx's phone rang, shattering the edgy silence. The girl gave no indication that that noise scared or surprised her, but Alec's faint gasp and the clench of his fingers around his bow gave it all away. 

Looking at the caller i.d, she furrows her eyebrows when she saw that it was Simon. "Simon."

"Nyx! Thank god, I've been trying to get a hold of your sister, but she's not answering her phone-" the red head cut him off, rolling her eyes, but also frowning at the panicking tone of voice that belonged to her sister's nerdy best friend.

"She's a little busy right now, and I can't say that I'm not as well," sheathing one of her swords to hold her phone better, she relaxed slightly from her rigid position, still staying alert of her surroundings. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, it's just-" he kept stammering, his voice growing more and more despaired and frightened.

"Simon, hey, calm down. Al right, just tell me what happened."

"I-I need help," Nyx wanted to make a comment about that, but hearing his terrified tone of voice sent alarm bells to her mind. 

"Are you hurt? Are you in any type of danger? You haven't gotten kidnapped again have you?" Nyx fired out questions. The guy may be a pain in the a** to her, but that doesn't mean that she didn't care for her sister's friend-zoned best friend. The care may seem small and nonchalant, but she still did, and didn't want him to get hurt, as this world- the Shadow world- is dangerous and no place for a mundane, especially Simon.

"No! No, I'm fine, it's just that," he hesitated once more, and before Nyx could call him out, he blurted out words that startled her greatly. "I think I'm becoming a vampire."

"What?" Nyx demanded, turned her head so that she would;t have to look at any of Alec's questioning looks. She could also tell that he was kind pissed that she was speaking on her phone instead of being alert of any demons like she was supposed to.