3

a/n: read the long asf authors note at the end of this chapter if you want to know more about me leaving Wattpad soon and all that. otherwise you can skip it LOL. enjoy the very late update

also thank you to those of you who gave me advice on how to overcome writers block, it was very helpful and ily

+++

I thought I would've woken up in my bed the next morning. You know, maybe I dreamt the whole thing and I didn't actually end up on an island with Harry Styles. Just the average dream of a fangirl.

But when I woke up, it was still completely dark outside, so I supposed it was the middle of the night. The stars were still out, twinkling amongst the black sky, and Harry was fast asleep beside me, reminding me of the events from the day before. He was snoring lightly, one arm above my head and the other sprawled on his other side. His nose twitched a bit and I made a face of admiration. So cute.

His snores were not the only sound evident, because from outside our hut, I heard something moving.

I breathed heavily and looked around for something I could protect myself with and the frog, who was sound asleep with not a single care in the world. My eyes landed on Harry's floral shirt, since he was sleeping shirtless. It didn't look like it would be of much help, but if I needed to choke something or distract whatever was outside with the flashy colours of the fabric, it would do.

I grabbed his shirt and slowly peeked my head outside the tent. The beach looked almost eerie at such a late time. The waves splashed against the shore and crickets chirped in the distance. But I didn't see anything around so I made my way outside, with my eyes peeled. I was not about to die today, no thanks.

There was nothing in sight. The beach itself was clear and the fire was still burning in the distance even though it was a bit less fiery. The wildlife in the jungle made its regular old noise and I felt like maybe I was just imagining things.

But then I heard something run in the jungle behind the tent. I ducked behind the shelter to protect myself from whatever might've been lurking. As I peeked over the side of the hut to look into the jungle, I saw something black run away in a flash as I wheezed.

"Yeah, no. Never mind, Harry can deal with this," I mumbled to myself at the thought of fighting whatever that was.

I made my way inside the tent again and urgently sat down beside Harry. Should I wake him up? He looks so cute sleeping, with his lips parted just a bit so he could breath and his lashes fluttering every so often. Maybe I should just let him sleep, he looked far too beautiful to be woken. He was like Sleeping Beauty. He looked really good, especially when he wasn't using that stupid mouth of his.

"Yo, wake yourself!" I broke out my trance by slapping Harry's chest in a hurry, when I heard ruffling outside the tent again. He trembled in fear at the contact.

The slap on his skin was enough to make him go 'oomph' even in his sleep as his eyes shot open in less than a second. His eyebrows drew down in annoyance when he realized I had woken him from his beauty sleep, his lips pursed. I swear, I saw his eye twitch.

"Is that how you wake someone? Where are your manners? A good morning would be nice," He huffed in annoyance, sitting up while rubbing at his skin where I smacked him.