Two

"Mum, I-I have to tell you something," Young twenty-two year old Harry stood in front of his mother, fumbling with the hem of his shirt and fixing the headscarf tied strategically in his curls to ease his nerves. Anne turned around and gave Harry that kind of loving and sweet smile only she could offer him.

"What is it, darling?" Anne asks, smile dropping from her face when she sees how much Harry is shaking, staring down at his shoes and biting his bottom lip.

"I-I want to-um," Harry swallows thickly, fingers trembling as his eyes shift to his stomach. "Sperm donor. I want t-to find one. And, like, have a baby. Um. But I wanted to know that y-you were okay with it. I already asked Gemma. She's okay with it."

Anne's eyes are wide. She slowly puts down her tea while Harry sits down across from her.

"What makes you want to do this, love?" Anne asks softly, reaching across the table and grabbing Harry's hand. She doesn't sound appalled or outraged like Harry thought she would.

"I've always wanted this, Mum, you know that," Harry explains timidly, avoiding his mother's gaze. "This is all I've ever wanted. A-And I don't know how long I can just sit around and live an empty life. I want a baby."

Anne takes a deep breath. "Are you sure this is what you want, lovely?" She asks gently. "If this is what will make you truly happy, I'll have your back through the whole thing, and I'm sure Gemma is the same, but I want to make sure this is what will make you happy."

Harry gives his mum a sheepish smile, one she returns, before saying, "This is what will make me happy."

Anne's smile widens. "Okay, well, let's get looking."

"Hello, my darling Lennon," Anne kisses the top of Lennon's head, smiling sweetly at her granddaughter. "I see you brought your rose."

"Nan's rose," Lennon mumbles, only wincing slightly when her grandmother kisses her.

"I have cookies in the kitchen, babe, let's go," Anne coaxes, pointing toward her kitchen. Lennon starts to run toward it at the mention of cookies, and Harry and Anne both laugh as Anne kisses Harry's cheek. "How are you, love?"

"Hanging in there," Harry mumbles, letting his mother lead him to the kitchen. "I miss Lennon when she's at school, she was a good helper to the receptionist when she was in a good mood."

Anne chuckles, handing Lennon a cookie and turning back to Harry. "How's she doing at school?" She asks, looking back to Lennon and smiling at her adoringly.

"Fine," Harry hums.

"Okay, you have to wait five minutes for the results," Gemma reads as she squints at the small letters on the box. "Plus sign means you're pregnant, negative sign means you're not."

Harry takes a deep breath. "Okay," He nods. Gemma looks up from the box and reaches out to Harry, taking his hand and squeezing it with a small smile.

"You can always try again," She reminds softly. Harry sighs and nods, taking the box from her and walking into the washroom, shutting the door behind him.

He comes out a few minutes later. "Now we wait," He sighs quietly, handing Gemma the pregnancy test. "I'm scared."

"It's okay, H," Gemma assures gently, eyes glued to the test like the result could come at any second. Harry just leans against the wall, arms crossed and fingertips gingerly grazing against his flat tummy. He threw up yesterday, and his nipples were sore. He hopes it isn't all in his head.

Gemma snaps him out of his thoughts. "Harry, Harry!" Gemma stumbles over her own words, voice high and giddy as she attacks Harry in a tight hug. "It's positive! You're going to have a baby, kid!"

"Rose, Papa," Lennon says toward Harry bluntly, shoving the rose into his abdomen. Harry smiles and takes the rose, thanking Lennon as she goes to play with the colourful blocks Anne keeps for her.

"Does Lennon like her teacher?" Anne asks as she pours Harry a cuppa, sliding over the mug filled with green tea. Harry takes a small sip before nodding.

"Yeah, he's very nice."

Anne looks at Harry with a raised eyebrow. "He?" She asks with a smirk. Harry rolls his eyes.

"Don't get any ideas," He warns. "I refuse to be infatuated with my daughter's teacher."

"He's only going to be her teacher for a year, Harry," Anne points out. Harry rolls his eyes again, ignoring his mum's remark and looking over to Lennon fondly. She's so smart, he thinks as she separates the blocks by colour.

"You are a pain," Gemma huffs as she hands Harry the bowl of popcorn she had just popped for him. Harry just smiles, taking the bowl from her and balancing it on top of his round belly.

"Thank youuu," He replies, sticking his tongue into the bowl and pulling out a piece of popcorn with it, chewing slowly. Gemma watches, impressed.

"Nice," She comments, and Harry just nods. She then decides to place her hand on the side of Harry's tummy. "You're getting big, H, you sure it's just one in there?"

"You're the pain, yeah?" Harry huffs, glaring at Gemma. Gemma just laughs and watches as Harry continues to eat the popcorn he had been craving all day.

"Are you scared?" Gemma asks softly. Harry turns his head to look at Gemma. "Of, like, having the baby? Are you afraid?"

Harry swallows thickly. "Um," He sighs. "Yeah. Of course I am." And he doesn't know what else to say. Gemma frowns.

"You can talk about it, Harry," Gemma reaches over to the remote and mutes the telly. Harry pouts. "C'mon, H, it's okay to talk about it. I know you want to prove to Mum that you can do this on your own but it's okay to be scared sometimes."

"I don't want to talk about it," Harry mumbles. And they don't.

"For a year, Harry," Lennon mumbles as she stacks her multicoloured blocks. Harry sighs.

"It's not happening, Mum," He says, rolling his eyes. "I don't see myself dating anytime soon, not with Lennon."

Anne purses her lips, but she doesn't say anything.

kind of a filler I'm sorry :/