Chapter 15.

(Jack)

I sat there, and held her in my arms.

I saw this vulnerable side of Rebecca that i had only seen once before, and that was when i went into her hospital room. She hadnt spoken to me and she just cried. I wanted to do everything i could to help her but i knew that id never acheive what i was trying to do. She had lost her bestfriend.
I had only talked to Amanda maybe three times total, and two times wasnt the best, but she was sweet and i know that her and Rebecca were so close. She was someone that Rebecca could go too, someone that made her feel so happy inside and out because they both knew everything about eachother.

''Jack. Amanda is dead'' she said

I replied that moment in my head over and over again, if i was hurting and sad, then i couldnt imagine what Rebecca was going through at this moment.

''Jack..?'' she said, this was the first time ive heard her talk for hours.

''Yeah love?''

''Thank you for being here for me, and not trying to fix it.'' she looked me in the eyes and looked so sad, honestly i wanted to help her but i knew that i couldn't.

''Im here for anything. Do you need anything right now? something to drink or eat? Do you wanna sleep? '' i asked her. I really will do anything for her.

''Do you know anywhere that is open for food right now? i dont really want to be in this house right now..'' she said to me.

''Yeah of course, its 2 a.m. but i know theres places opened. what do you feel like eating?''

''Anything''

I grabbed my keys and we walked out to my car. I decided we'd just go to Denny's since it was open right now. As we were on our way over there i looked at her and she was just staring out the window with such a blank expression on her face. She reached her hand over and grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers. I smiled instantly knowing she felt comfortable enought to do that.

We arrived at Denny's and were the only people besides the people who worked there. We got a table and started looking through the menu.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Rebecca)

I sat there looking through a menu, when in reality i knew i wasn't going to eat anything, i couldn't cope with being at home right now. There were way to many memories that would just remind me of her. I couldn't even cry anymore. My tears are all dried out. I don't think ive actually realized or accepted that my bestfriend, is no longer here with me. if i needed her, im not able to call or text her, or even go to her house anymore. Theres nothing left of her.. Shes gone. And i didnt even get to say goodbye. I started replaying all the memories that we had.

*flashback*

''Rebecca, look! i can do all 10 of the monkey bars now! '' Amanda giggled

''Woah thats awesome!! hey! lets go to the clubhouse'' i said to her

We walked under the playground at the park which was our place. It was magical. We have fairies, and theres little gnomes that like to come and play. It was a regular old park playground that we turned into a beautiful palace, hidden away where no one could find us.

''Hey Rebecca, Lets make a promise'' she looked at me and smiled

''Okay! What is it?''

'' From now on, lets stick together no matter what! Sisters forever alright? " she put out her pinky and i latched mine to hers.

''ill start! I Amanda, fourth grader, promise to never leave Rebecca's side. Sisters Forever! Okay your turn'' she said.

''I Rebecca, fourth grader, promise to never leave Amanda's side. Sisters Forever! '' i replied.

We hugged tightly and i knew at that moment, what it felt like to have the bestest best friend.

''Hey Rebecca? what do youw want to eat or drink?'' Jack asked and i realized that the waitress was here.

''Oh sorry, uhm, ill just have a green tea and a side salad please.'' i faked a smile and handed her my menu. Jack had already ordered so the waitress walked away.

''Were you okay a minute ago?'' he asked me

''Yeah.. just tired. no big deal.'' i replied

''Do you want me to take you home tonight? or.''

''Do you think i could possible stay at your place tonight? if you have a place for me? i asked. i couldnt deal with sleeping at my house tonight.

'' Yeah of course, ill sleep on the couch and you can stay in my room if youd like?'' he said

''No i can sleep on the couch thats totally fine, thank you so much''

the waitress showed up with our food and drinks, we ate, payed and left.

We stopped at my house to grab some stuff of mine and to tell my mom who had just gotten home from work. And then we left to Jack's house.

As soon as we got there, we just talked for about an hour and by that time it had been 4 a.m. and even though i knew i wasnt going to be able to sleep, i decided we should both try and go to sleep.

''Thank you again, Jack.. I really appreciate everything youre doing for me. '' i said and tried to smile.

''Im serious when i say, that if you need anything at all. Just come wake me up okay?''

''Alright, i will. goodnight Jack..'' i kissed his cheek and he walked out of his room and i shut the light off leaving a night light on that he gave me. I got under the covers and stared at the ceiling..

''Sisters Forever'' I whispered before i closed my eyes and fell asleep.