Episode 27

"Do you think our parents got the message that we're back together?" Demi inquired as she sat up on the bed but Joe stayed laid down his head on the pillow already having chosen the side of the bed which would be his. The one closest to the door so he could go downstairs without waking Demi up. Demi was more for one to lie in than he was.

"I dunno, we were holding hands when we left the airport but it's not going to change anything." Joe assured her.

"I'm just worried that if we don't put our foot down a bit this could end up badly for us." Demi mumbled and Joe then sat up looking over at her. They had never been scared to come to one another if they had something on their mind. They had a lot of trust in one another, something people often admired.

"What do you mean? Talk to me." Joe encouraged.

"I just don't want anything to happen between us. I don't want them to force us to do all this when we're not ready. I don't want to lose you again." Demi expressed and Joe smiled poking her at her sides making her laugh.

"We can't let it get to us, let them do whatever they want but we're always going to be best friends remember. No matter what, you're stuck with me for the rest of your life." Joe teased and she laughed rolling her eyes at him.

"This house is amazing." Demi admitted and Joe nodded his head in agreement getting off the bed and Demi followed him as they looked out the back seeing a spacious garden. It wasn't anything massive but big enough for what they needed. They knew they were in love with the house and that was one of the main reasons they were going to stay here. They hoped it helped get the tension away from their parents. No matter what they did, they'd never hate them completely.

"I just wish we had found this house in a couple of years, on our own terms when we were ready to move in and take care of a house. Everything is just rushing past us, it's like they want us to grow up suddenly after graduating." Joe stated.

"Yep but we're not doing anymore, this is the last they're gonna make us do. They've made us get married and move into this house, I shudder to think about what else they have planned."

"You still want kids one day though?" Joe questioned knowing exactly what she meant.

"Of course, we've talked about it before, remember? I just want it to happen when we're ready, when we're not kids ourselves. Though, by the time I'm done with college I may have changed my mind." Joe laughed kissing her head.

"We can always adopt." Joe teased.

"That's not a bad idea really, there are plenty of babies out there which need homes." Demi praised and Joe smiled wrapping his arm around her from the back and Demi smiled leaning against him slightly.

"And that's why I love you." He stated Demi smiling too.

They wandered back downstairs when they heard a phone ringing. They entered the living room following the sound to a cabinet Joe taking the phone off the stand holding it against hi ear.

"Hello." He greeted.

"Hi Joseph, how do you like the house?" Denise greeted adding in a question.

"It's really nice but it looks expensive, we're gonna need help on paying rent and bills," Joe demanded. "Demi can't work and god knows when I'll first start getting money coming in."

"Don't worry about money, we'll help you out with all that. As long as you like the house, that's all that matters, does Demi like it too?" Joe smiled as he watched Demi continue looking around the living room.

"Yeah, we both like it, we'll change it up over time into our own style but it will do for now." Joe replied.

"We didn't do any decorating, we thought that you'd just decorate how you want as you settle in. We're glad you like the house, we all fell in love with it. It will be good for when you're world famous. No fans knocking on your door," Joe laughed slightly. "Oh Joe I hope you're doing okay. We don't mean all this in a bad way."

"I know, it's just not the right way mom. This is it right though? No more surprises?" Joe questioned.

"No, besides your surprise in the closet. Goodbye Joseph." Joe rolled his eyes as she hung up the phone before he could say goodbye.

"Apparently we have a surprise in the coat closet." He stated heading towards the hallway again Demi following him. He opened the closet seeing the light was on already and the only thing in the room was a brown box. They both peered over not helping but let a smile creep over their faces as they saw what they did.

A tiny little puppy.