"Ash?" I questioned. The name felt strange in my mouth, like a brand new note to sing. But it also rolled off my tongue with such refinement, I couldn't help but love the sound.

"Hey, Serena." And to hear my name in that voice. The damn awful voice I told myself was ugly, but knew it was my crowning lullaby. I should hate it. I needed to hate it.

"What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?" I queried, the confusion raking through my expression like a disease. But I really didn't care how he found himself on my doorstep, it was something to say. Something to keep a fatuous silence from dousing us both.

"Well, surprisingly it isn't that hard to find where the Kalos Queen and the Kalos league champion share a pent house. The Internet is helpful at times." He smiled, as if it were a matter to smile about.

"You want to talk that bad?" I asked, my voice verging the edge of a hiss. I wanted to talk; I wanted to scream so many things at this boy, it would melt his very conscience into a gurgling heap of regrets and qualms. I wanted to yell about every tear he caused me to shed, every pulsing ache that he summoned, until he could feel them circuit through his own body. But I also wanted to crawl close and inhale his distinct scent, let the spice channel through my lungs like it once did. I wanted to caress what I had been deprived of until his skin felt natural under mine again.

"I didn't fly all the way here to not talk to you." He rationed, and the expression on my face softened. I had decided to act on neutral territory. I would neither scream nor praise.

"Pika! Pikachu!" It wasn't until the yellow mouse spoke up did I realize he was there, still perched upon Ash's shoulder as if he had never left. Cheeks rosy and ecstatic yellow fur curled beside a homely smile. I had missed the little rodent very much. I could have used his potent thunderbolt on many occasions throughout the years. It was not the Pokemon's idea to leave and I could never blame him.

"Hello Pikachu! It's been a long while. I missed you very much." I cooed, wishing to scratched the creature behind the ear, a place I knew he favored. But I kept my hands secure at my sides, in fear if I crept any closer to Ash, my touch would travel dark places.

The raven haired boy's face flushed with a mixture of jealousy and shame as I lulled his Pokemon with my words. The twisted emotions that swirled behind his bister irises could have portrayed a form of torture, as if I was tormenting him. Teasing the voice inside his head that ached for me to confess how much I missed him. I told myself to be stubborn. And so I was.

"Zorua!" A squeaky voice yapped from behind Ash, temporarily startling him. The knee-height Pokemon scampered through the open entrance as if his kingly thrown sat within the room. But I supposed, he felt as if Elaina's room was his royal palace and my best friend his queen.

"Serena, is that you're Pokemon?" Ash asked as his eyes trekked the creature who trotted down the pent house corridor, blue orbs gleaming with their usual shrewdness.

"No, Zorua is--"

"Zorua!?Is that you?" A voice sounded from the guest bedroom, catching Ash's attention with the same fright a gun shot would.

"Elaina's." I finished, just as the dire click of her bedroom door opening rang down the pristine hallways, jouncing into our ears like a distress signal. I was sure the only word running through Ash's head in a steady thrumming was: Run.

As she walked down the corridor towards Ash and I, all to be seen was an innocent girl. Eyes tired and feet marginally dragging across the marble floor. Golden hair in a frenzied mess, as if she had been attempting to tear it out herself. But there was still slender hints of a smile quirking the plumps of her cheeks. Her gaze was entirely narrowed at her Pokemon, failing to notice Ash standing in the doorway.

Our Alternate Ending | | A Pokemon Adventureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें