Chapter 15- Laughing With Troubles

My eyelids slowly peeled open to reveal, not an elevator, but a hotel room

My eyelids slowly peeled open to reveal, not an elevator, but a hotel room. The curtains were drawn shut and the room remained mostly in shadow. A peaceful silence hung in the air as I tried to remember what had happened to me. It was like a ton of brick were resting on every muscle of my body. Heaviness ran through every joint. It felt like a work out just to move.

I groaned and slowly sat up. Upon doing so, I noticed a figure sitting in the large arm chair at the corner of my room. Her blonde hair was like a mane around her pale face. The creases in her skin indicated high stress and exhaustion. My friend sat unmoving with her chin tucked and her arms dropped off the side of the arm rests.

I sighed at the sight of her dead-like body. As soon as the sound escaped my mouth, Elaina twitched. Then she jerked forward, her eyes flashing open in alarm. The gold haired girl had to blink a few times before she regained her vision.

"Oh shoot, I wasn't meant to fall asleep." She muttered to herself, not realizing I had awaken. Her eyes darted around the room until they landed on me. "Serena! You're awake."

"Good morning, though, you don't really look like you've slept much." I said, examining the large purple bags under her eyes and the milky color of her skin. She sighed and leaned back in the arm chair.

"I haven't really slept at all. I was up most of the night looking for you then making sure you were okay. Nurse Joy was in here about an hour ago doing a last minuet check up. She said you would be fine. Then I thought I might as well wait until you woke up, but I fell asleep." Elaina explained as she rubbed the skin between her eyes.

"You should go back to bed. I don't want you to be falling over all day." I gave her a concerned look.

"No, I can't fall asleep now!" Her voice suddenly raised and she stood up in a split second. I raised a curious eyebrow at her.

"Why not?"

"Because, I have a lot of questions to ask you." She smirked, a mischievous plan lurking in her mind.

"About what?" I groaned, waiting for the ambush of ridiculous questions.

"About the elevator you were trapped in ALONE with Ash for six hours, in which, I entered to see you sleeping with your head on his lap and his fingers in your hair! Nothing too IMPORTANT!" Elaina yelled.

I bit my lip. Oh yeah, I remember that.

"Ummm..." I began nervously, my cheeks flushing red at the memory. "It wasn't a big deal. I mean, I was tiered and didn't really mean any of it."

"Don't lie to me Serena. The blush on your face says it all. You meant it and you liked it. I just want to know all the details. I want to fantasize over the whole experience with you, because I'm your best friend." She calmed a little, sitting on the edge of my bed. Her fingers laced through the soft sheets and she looked up at me with a small smile.