Not all those who wander are lost.

Chapter 2

"Not all those who wander, are lost."

~Katharine Ross~

Standing in front of the full length mirror, I cursed for the hundredth time.

"For the love of God!", I spat.

Trying to make my hair into an elegant bun and failing miserably.

Defeated. I settled for a simple ponytail.

I put on a little peach lipgloss, lined my eyes with black liner and a layer of mascara.

I pinched my cheeks, hoping to bring some color onto them.

Don't get me wrong but sometimes I just wished I knew more about makeup. But I didn't, so...

Straightening my white collared shirt, I tucked it into the plain black jeans, I was wearing and sighed.

I had zero fashion sense.

I'm not even kidding.

The doorbell rang. I glanced at the clock, noting the time.

7 o' clock in the morning.

I still had an hour before I had to report to my new office.

I wasn't much of a morning person but it was my first day at the office so I had to look presentable and not carry my usual just-got-out-of-bed look.

I opened the door and found myself nearly suffocating in a bear hug by my best friend.

"Yo! babe, I missed ya," Jessica declared.

"I-I miss-ed you-ou too Jess, I'm dying!"

Pulling back, she laughed.

"I'm certain you missed my hugs Katy. Didn't you?" She asked.

"I learnt to live without 'em" I confessed in all seriousness.

"Sure," She smirked.

She found her way to the kitchen island and helped herself to a bottle of chilled water.

My best friend was beautiful.

Like really beautiful, with her straight blonde hair, big, friendly brown eyes and lean figure with curves on all the right places.

Whereas, I had auburn hair-which fell straight till my shoulders, but bellow my shoulders, they mysteriously curled into lose curls.

I had boring green eyes and pale complexion.

I'd give anything to exchange it for Jessica's sun-kissed skin.

We were about the same height.

About 5'6.

Though I was an inch or two taller then her.

Jessica Rivers had been my best friend since forever.

She was the only person who knew about all my issues and stuff.

Sometimes, she would just understand me more than I understood myself. I retract my previous statement to most of the time.

I note she had no luggage with her.

"What? You changed your mind about sharing this place with me and are gifting it to me? You're the best Jess!" I teased.

"You wish." She says, narrowing her eyes.

"Why not? It is my birthday in two months time." I pout.

"Wow. Way to go to making me feel loved. Real smooth Kate. My luggage will be here shortly. Are you going somewhere?" She asked, only now realizing that I'm dressed and all.

"I have a job? You forgot, didn't you Jess?"

Sometimes I'm really not sure why I'm best friends with her.

"Of course not. Don't be absurd.

Now, now. Let's get you fixed." She declares, leading me into the room.

Half an hour later, I have my hair down and natural.

I've exchanged my black jeans for blue faded ones paired with a sleeve-less, black shirt with golden studs on it's collars-tucked in.

And I've finally convinced Jessica to let me wear black pumps instead of stilettos.

At 7:30 exactly, I'm all set.

"I'm leaving Jess! Try not to burn down the house while you're on your on!", I shout.

Her being the fashion diva and all, she knew nothing about cooking.

How cliché.

She could burn water even, I swear.

Oh and did I mention she's really rich too.

And well, I have a fine background too and loving parents but I wanted to experience some independency after being pampered all my life by my rich parents.

After all, Not all those who wander are lost.

I wanted freedom. I craved for freedom.

So after I graduated, Jess and I decided to get a place together and work for a living.

Our parents bought it for us.

Obviously.

As I closed the door behind me, I heard Jessica say, "Don't you worry, I'll order pizza!"

I lightly chuckled to myself before hurrying off.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

I know! Super boring chapter but I needed a base for the story.

And now you know basic stuff about her life and all.

I promise next chapter will be full of surprise. Just you wait.

Please Comment, Vote and Share!!

Xoxo,

April.