15: Rescue Mission, Journey To The Human City

Just a quick note, telepathic speech is no longer in italics but is not represented with ~ at the beginning and end of the telepathic talk.

---------------------------------------------

 I wake up as I feel Saphira moving and look up at her, she smiles at me ~Morning Onyx~ I smile at her ~Morning Saphira~ I get up and stretch before looking around and walking out into the village as usual, I walk into Souls hut and notice he is sitting awake looking a little worried about something ~Soul what is the matter?~ He turns to look at me seeming somewhat unsure about something although he seems to be keeping quiet about it. ~Soul we have a mission and we need to get on with it soon~ He looks at me  and smiles "I know, we will get on that tomorrow, I think you need a little more rest first" I seem a little irritated but decide against saying anything to him and instead walk out and look around again still noticing little of interest around the camp so decide to go back to Saphira in the main building of the camp, I smile as I walk in and happily lay with her getting a little more rest as Soul suggested.

I lay quietly with Saphira attempting to get to sleep but quickly begin to get agitated as I think about what is happening in the city at the moment knowing that there are dragons at risk of being killed in the city, I turn to look at Saphira again and think for a moment ~I am going to set off towards the city with Soul and Shadow soon~.

I walk out into the city again and go to Soul ~Soul I think we should set off now, I don't think it is wise to waste time we do not have~, Soul sighs before nodding at me "I suppose it would be for the best, are you sure you have the strength?" I nod at him and look around ~Shadow we are leaving shortly~ I hear a reply within seconds ~Good to hear, I've been itching for a fight~ he walks out of a nearby building, a tavern, with a smile on his face.

Soul turns to face me and smiles "We should head off then" I smile and nod, Soul starts to walk towards the exit of the camp "Time to see if we can actually pull this off" he smiles continuing to walk heading towards the forest in a southern direction.

Around an hour passes as we travel through the forest, as we come close to the city I start to feel a sense of urgency as I hear someone nearby talking about the execution "Have you heard? they are moving the execution up to today, I hear it's because they are afraid of the resistance interfering with it", I smile knowing that they are correct in the fact that we are going to interfere with the execution.

Soul kneels down to me and gently puts a pendant around my neck, the pendant changes my skin color to a murky red, I let out a low growl not liking the change of color but manage to swallow my pride and go with it, Soul smiles at me knowing I'm not happy with the new color "I know you don't like the color but you will have to put up with it, It's the only way you can be in the city" he smiles at me before walking towards the city "let's do this" he smirks as he picks up his pace, both me and Shadow follow him.

As we enter the city we notice that there are few people around and those that are seem to be heading towards a certain point of the city, we decide to follow them since it's most likely they are headed to a big event which is probably the execution, I let out a low growl but manage to keep myself calm and continue to follow Soul and Shadow, Soul turns to me with a collar and lead in his hand, "Sorry about this buddy but if you don't wear this for a while you will be presumed an escapee" he smiles as he gently puts the silver collar around my neck and attaches the iron lead to it, we continue on following the small group of people just ahead of us.

After a short walk a huge crowd comes into view and we pick up a little speed to get there faster, as we get closer a stage comes into view with around 20 dragons on it, mostly adults along with three hatchlings, I notice the dragons all have their wings tied to their backs along with a muzzle on and their paws tied together, I also notice that they are all stood on a ledge rather than a platform with a man, Tyke, stood just ahead of them next to a lever of a sort, he has his hand on this lever ready to pull it but is clearly too busy talking.

Tyke stands on a stage ahead of the dragons up for execution with a smile on his face as he speaks out the the crowd in front of him "... You stand here today to witness the execution of these dragons ..." he extends his arm out and runs it past each of the dragons "... Each of them has committed a crime against the city by damaging our southern district during the construction of a number of new homes, they have demolished a group of houses and killed a number of us in the process...", Me and Soul make our way towards the front of the crown making sure to stay a few rows back as not to get spotted, Shadow makes his way around the crowd to the opposite side to us.

"...These dragon are to be executed by the eternal fall" he smiles as he puts both hands on the lever again.

Shadow smiles as Tyke is about to pull the lever and speaks up "Hey Tyke!, You're a dick!" he laughs before running up and punching Tyke in the jaw, Tyke quickly reacts by kicking him off the stage and calling guards forward, Soul takes the pendant off me and I close my eyes to focus.

Tyke yells to the guards "The resistance are here, orders are kill on sight!", he turns to the lever and smirks as he pulls it causing the platform behind him with the dragons on to collapse letting the dragons fall, a mist surrounds me and I vanish into thin air, the same mist appears below within the pit and the dragons fall into it.

Soul and Shadow quickly move to the edge of the crowd then flee from them, managing to avoid conflict, the mist appears again a short distance from the city and all the dragons fall from it. Soul and Shadow flee the city managing to keep out of the guards sight, they head to meet me and the other dragons outside the city.

A smaller cloud of mist appears a short distance from the other dragons and I drop out of it, I try to stay stood but my vision begins to blur having used a have amount of my energy to get us out of the city without going through another dimension. Soul and Shadow run over and Soul comes straight to me to check on me while Shadow goes to the dragons and begins to free them from their bindings.

I loose consciousness not having the energy to stay awake, Soul gently picks me up with a smile before looking at Shadow "The rescue was a success", he looks at the dragons and lets out a relieved sigh before speaking up again "Ok dragons, you are now free from the city although not all that safe, I would like to suggest that you join us at our camp in the north, we will do all we can to keep you safe and there are already a number of dragons there".

Crystal flies in and lands behind Soul, he turns and places me on her back before turning back to the other dragons "You are free to go your own way but if you would like, you can follow us now as we are going to out main camp" he hops up onto crystals back and gently pets her neck "Let's go girl" she lifts into the air and he smiles at the dragons as Shadow finishes removing the bindings from most of them but picks up two hatchlings, one sapphire blue and one topaz yellow, he walks over to Soul who is just low enough to the ground for Crystal to grab in her talons before taking off towards the northern village camp with most of the dragons following behind and Shadow running through the forest below.

---------------------------

This chapter was originally going to be longer but I cut out a fair portion of it because it was to do with some characters people played as who went quiet after barely any time so I decided against putting the part in, might add them later though.

P.S. Hope you are enjoying the story so far.