12: Guardian Angel

Soul wakes up letting out a loud yawn waking Crystal and Blake who is also in the building which houses the dragons that stay in the village, Soul looks at Blake "sorry Blake didn't mean to wake you" he smiles "but since you are up what do you think of a trip to the dragon city? well the ruins of them" he sighs before smiling again "I want to see if there are any dragons taking shelter there because there have been numerous raids by the humans from the city"  he looks at Crystal "something tells me we will find some dragons there today" he shrugs before getting up and stretching out his arms as Crystal stands and stretches her wings and legs letting out a yawn before shaking her head and standing so Soul can climb onto her back "Blake are you coming with me?" Blake just looks at Soul for a moment "I think I'm going to take a little more time to settle in" he smiles and Soul nods as Crystal walks out and spreads her wings before taking into the sky hovering near the statue for a moment so Soul can look at it before she flies of to the east towards the dragon city.

---------

Dragon City: Around four hours have past and Soul arrives at the Dragon City landing amongst the ruins of what was once the home of some of the dragons, he dismounts and walks into the street and looks around "I remember before it was turned into ruins" he sighs "I never got to see it before it was in this state, I was born out of the dragon city and wasn't ever brought into the city until now" Crystal follows Soul as he walks down one of the streets looking side to side at what remains of the homes of the dragons that used to live there "I remember walking these streets when I was younger" he smiles "the dragons running around playing in a carefree manner" he looks over to what used to be a side alley and pictures flash through his mind of what it used to look like "I remember that alley, I was playing catch with some of the hatchling's and I was running down here not looking where I was going" he shakes his head "I remember the pain when I fell and broke my jaw" he smirks "good thing some of the dragons where good with medicines" he continues to walk down the street with Crystal just behind him.

He walks to the end of the street and turns right walking a short way down the street before looking at the remains of another building "I remember this" he walks over to the ruins and kneels down looking at what is left of the wall and notices an inscription which reads

'We dragons who stand united will never fall to a civilization divided, we are to guard all we care about and never fail those who need us'

Soul sighs before looking at Crystal "they never fell to a divided civilization but to a united one" he shakes his head "the humans in the main city are united against the dragons" he pets Crystal "how they could want to enslave you is something I could never understand, your too cute" he smirks as Crystal gives him an irritated look "I'm not cute" she growls at him and pushes him over before walking off hitting him on the back of his head with her tail.

Soul gets up and walks after Crystal seeming amused, he looks around as he walks and notices some movement "Crystal movement" as soon as he finishes Crystal freezes and drops to the floor to try and stay out of view, Soul walks over to her and looks around "do you see anything?" Crystal looks around and notices something at a structure at the end of the street "In that building at the end of the street, "wolves" she gets up and walks towards the building slowly as not to startle the wolves inside, Soul follows her with a dagger behind his back in case the wolves attack them.

As they approach the building a black wolf and a grey wolf walk out growling as if warning Soul and Crystal to stay away although they don't heed the warning as they continue towards the wolves, the black wolf goes back inside and the grey wolf continues trying to get Crystal and Soul to leave but still with no luck as they get to the building the grey wolf goes back inside seeming to give up and let Soul inside, he walks in and looks around and notices something and a chill shoots down his spine "this ... this is my old home" he looks at the two wolves and notices a larger pure white female wolf behind them who seems to be protecting something. "It's not just your home Soul, it's mine as well" Soul looks at the wolves thinking one of them has telepathic abilities before noticing the female moving to reveal a familiar pure black dragon with one eye red and one eye blue, Soul stares for a moment in disbelief squinting his eyes to make sure he is seeing clearly "but ... but ... b-b ... y-y-your d-dead" he stutters backing away a little "Not quite, thanks to Saphira I'm alive and slowly getting better" the white wolf lays behind me so Soul can still see me rather than hiding me again "She has been taking care of me ever since she saved me" She seems happy and just watches Soul seeming curious of him. Soul sits down seeming as if he is about to hurl "how is it you are alive? I saw you about to get stood on by that thing" he shakes his head as he pictures the events in his head "Saphira somehow managed to get me out just before his foot hit the ground, I think she is my guardian angel" she shakes her head when I call her a guardian angel knowing what I'm talking about because I tell her what I am saying to him so she knows  "I don't know how she got into the nightmare dimension but she was there and she pulled me back here and she brought me here ... home. I guess I'm not that heavy for a big wolf like her after all she stands as tall as you Soul" Soul looks at her and nods "wolves aren't usually that big though are they?" the look on his face turns to one of curiosity as he looks at her "I think she is a rare breed of wolf" I look at her and just lay against her enjoying the comfort of her fur and she doesn't seem to mind "Another thing about her is that she is only a month older than me, which surprised me at first but I'm not one to judge after all I'm not exactly a normal dragon am I?" Soul just laughs and looks around "So she saved you ..." he looks at Saphira "thank you for saving him" She just nods clearly understanding Soul and she looks at the two other wolves and they walk out and seem to scout the area around the building.