Chapter 23: I want to be by your side

"Yeah, there's a family thing we're doing that weekend which is quite serious." He answered with a serious look on his face.

"It's okay, if it's that serious it must be very important. And besides we'll always have other contest that you could attend." I answered with a fake smile on my face.

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll make it up to you! But I have to go now I'll see you tomorrow." He said kissing my forehead. 'What's this feeling? It hurts.' I thought as I watched him leave with Mori senpai in a hurry.

*recap*

Itsumi's POV

It's been about three weeks since we started rehearsing, and our big day is tomorrow. We've prepared three other songs if we do go to the finals which hopefully does happen. *sigh*

"What's wrong Itsumi? Nervous." Asked Daichi taking a seat with me.

"I guess you could say that." I awkwardly giggled at him.

"You'll do great, we worked so hard so I know we'll do great." Smiled Daichi relieving me.

"Thank you Daichi for cheering me up, means a lot since our big day is tomorrow." I smiled back at him.

"No problem, and make sure to drink some tea for your voice and get some good rest tonight." He said.

"I will." I answered.

"GUYS OUR COSTUMES ARE HERE!! THEY'RE SO CUTEEE!!" Squealed Rin as she and Aya bring them to show everyone.

"This is for you Daisuke, this is for me, and this is yours." Smiled Rin heading us our costumes while Aya handed Daichi and Kazune theirs.

"Wow, my dress it's." I said shocked at it.

"Beautiful isn't it! I love it!" She squealed once again.

"I'm so looking forward to performing." Chuckled Kazune holding his costumes as we all giggled at him.

>> walking home with Haru-chan <<

"How are you feeling Itsumi?" Questioned Haru-chan.

"Upset." I sighed as she patted my back.

"I'm sure he didn't mean too. He loves you so much, you should know he wouldn't miss it for the world unless it was something important going on at home." She said reassuring me.

"I know. I just really wanted him to hear this song. I made it especially for him." I let out sigh.

"Don't worry, we always have that cover." She answered as we walked to my house.

>> time skip to next day and back stage <<

"Wow you look so pretty in your dress oh my gosh!" Complemented Rin and Aya. My dress was a white dress with many different kind of pink trimming on it which had many layers in it. At the back of the dress was an open back with cherry blossom tracing at the back of the dress. My hair was in a half up and half down look with a black ribbon tying it up. Along with a cherry blossom hair clip on the side of my head.

"Wow, aren't you ladies looking fine." Complemented Daichi and the boys with goofy smiles on their faces.

"Likewise to you guys too. You all look totally different." We answered back.

"You guys really don't look like yourself more like a bunch of flower boys!" Giggled Rin which made us all giggled as the boys faces lit up in embarrassment.

*cough*  "Anyways, are you guys ready for our performances?" Smiled Daichi.

"Heck yes we are!" We all cheered as we all put are hands on top of each other's.

"Alright guys, whether or not we win or lose tonight, we leave with our heads head high." Stated Diachi.

"So let's give it our all." I said as we all cheered.

"Alright you guys are on." Said one of the workers. We grabbed our instruments and walked up to the stage.

"Hey everyone, I just wanted to thank you all for coming to night. This is a song I wrote especially for the love of my life. However he couldn't make it tonight, but I know that he'll always be watching me. So I hope you all enjoy." I said to the microphone as everyone watched and cheered.

"I'll be by your side, woah
I'll be by your side
I'll be by your side, woah
Yeah,

I wanna be with you. No matter where I am,
my feelings stay the same
I understand. I have been selfish and I have bothered you at times
But I'm crazy about you. I call you again and again when we can't meet
Leaving and returning again, but our bond deepens this way

So we'll be alright, gonna be alright, I believe so
You make me feel fine, you make me smile,
always

Connected by our love, we've arrived here

I'm not alone anymore. This isn't a dream.
Grab my hand and never let go
You're the only one. My love for you will never change
Not in the past, present, or future. I'll be there by your side...

>> At the Haninozuka, in third person<<

"Mitsukuni, we are glad you're here." Said a man.

"This better be important, I'm missing something that's deeply important to me." Mitsukuni answered in a serious tone.

I promised you that day that I will never let go of you
I didn't want to, but I messed up so I brought you a stylish necklace, lady
Love's process: on a date in the Ferris Wheel,
our lips touched
My heart still flutters when I remember the revolving scenery

So we'll be alright, gonna be alright, I can feel it
You make me feel so fine, you make me smile, whenever I may be

Having faith in the future, we've arrived here

I'm not alone anymore. This isn't a dream
Grab my hand and never let go
You're the only one. My love for you will never change
Not in the past, present or future. I'll be there by your side...

"We'd like you to meet Shizuka Kanji." Said his mother.

Whenever may happen, I'll be by your side to support you. My baby, yeah, yeah
I won't cry alone anymore. If you're here,
nothing scares me and I can climb over any wall

"And starting today, you have to be with her 24/7.." Said his father.

"But dad, I have a girlfriend to worry about too!" He exclaimed standing up while Mori tried to calm him down.

I'll always be by your side. I want to protect you
Grab my hand and never let go
You're the only one. My love for you will never change
Not in the past, present or future

"Well then that'll have to change. Both her father and I have agreed that you'll be in an arrange marriage." He said

I'm not alone anymore. This isn't a dream
Grab my hand and never let me go
You're the only one. My love for you will never change
Not in the past, present or future. I'll be there by your side...

I'll be by your side, woah
I'll be by your side, woah."

Hey!! Welcome to another chapter!! I'm also sorry if that was confusing, but I really hope I got you guys hocked! Stay gone to find more about this Shizuka Kanji. And btw, while they are singing, Mitsukuni and his family are having a meeting.

Comment, vote, and follow <3

Enjoy ~