Chapter 6: Let's Be Alone Together

Start from the beginning

"Uruguay. Please, don't confuse me with Argentina or Paraguay." The chibi country had shimmering copper hair, almost the same style as Spain's. His sapphire eyes looked at me shyly.

"The little baby is your younger brother Cuba!" The tan baby had his hair tied back in brown dreadlocks with a brown headband. His dark amber eyes looked at me curiously. After observing them all, my heads swelled with happiness. Finally, I was able to snap out of my speechless state.

I gave them a bright smile. I cheerfully said,"Yo soy México!" I couldn't hold my giddiness any longer and pulled the group into a strong hug. I heard a few gasps of surprise and weak protests but they fell on deaf ears. After a moment, they melted into the hug. All of a sudden, a flash went off and we pulled away in surprise. I looked over to see that Japan had appeared out of no where and had taken a photo of us.

"Japan mi amigo! Give me a copy of that picture!" Spain had a huge genuine smile plastered on his face as he said those words.

"Hai. I will print it out and give it to you." He gave a little bow and disappeared.

"¡Papa! Are their any other primas o primos?" I questioned.

"¡Si! But, I don't know where they went."

After that little reunion, we spent the whole day together, getting to know each other and stuff like that. I got to also meet my cousin Brazil. That day became weeks, months, and finally, we strongly bonded. Sure we had a few petty arguments, but we're family, and that's all that matters. Over time, we all gained our independence and moved out of Spain's house but we still had a few family reunions.

Actually, they were basically all my neighbors. If it was someone's birthday, we would instantly have a part to play wether it b to bring food, provide the place, or bring the booze. So now, there's the question as to why mines was any different.

Present Day...

I currently sat in the living room excitedly waiting for my best friends to call me. Best friends as in Allistor, Ivan, Dylan, and Seamus. All her closest drinking buddies. None of the other countries could handle all this, as my favourite Swedish gamer would say, FABULOUS, they weren't really considered drinking buddies. Every year, at 7:30 sharp, they would Skype me to wish me a happy birthday. I watched eagerly as the clock struck at the time, I waited to hear the familiar sound. But after a minute had passed, I was dumbfounded.

'Maybe they're just a little late.' I thought.

What became minutes soon became an hour and I gave up. I gave a sigh and trudged over to the kitchen building to see the usually busy place empty. I had let all my workers go home for three days. A well deserved break might I add. I silently made myself some food and slowly ate it.

'Maybe they just forgot.'

Then I remembered that my boss should still be here. I hurriedly ran up the stairs and into my boss' office to find it empty with a note on the desk. I picked up the note and it read.

'México, I'm sorry that I left on such short notice but I had some business to attend to with another country's boss. By the time you read this, I'll be long gone. I expect that all those piles of paperwork in your office will be signed and neatly stacked in my office by the time I come back. See you soon.

P.S I left some whiskey for you in my top desk drawer on the right for you'

I muttered under my breath,"Wow, thanks boss." I walked back into the master bedroom building and into my office to find three stacks of paperwork all towering higher than my desk. I slumped into the chair and sat there, pondering.