Chapter 28 - Kidnapped and unexpected guests

Start from the beginning

He walked to me and I closed my eyes as he gave me a soft kiss on my lips. He pulled away and smiled as Kairi giggled. “Of course…..you look just as beautiful as you did when we got married.” Jean said as he rested his forehead against mine and I smiled.

“Mia!” I heard a voice and I smiled seeing Riza peeking from the bride’s room. I laughed, excused myself and walked to her. I walked inside and smiled as she blushed. “Riza! You look beautiful! The colonel’s gonna fall flat when he sees you!” I said and her blush deepened. “Mia! I’m so nervous!” She said and I smiled. I sat her down on one of the chairs and held her hands in mine.

I patted her hands. “Be confident Riza! Remember, you have to blow him off his feet! Just like I did to Jean.” I winked and we laughed together. “Thank you Mia…..for getting us together. I’m really happy that things worked out like this.” I shook my head. “I’m so happy for both of you! And if the colonel does anything to make you sad, I’ll kick his butt!” I said with a mad grin and she laughed.

Riza’s parents walked into the room and I excused myself and walked back to where Jean was standing. I blinked when I didn’t see Kairi I looked around. “Where’s Kairi?” I asked and Jean pointed a little away from where we stood. “She’s playing with Elicia.” I smiled seeing Kairi laughing and running with Elicia. Gracia was standing next to Jean’s mother and I sent a short bow to her and she returned a smile.

We heard the music play and the colonel walked down the aisle and stood at the altar in front of the priest. A few minutes passed and Riza entered holding her father’s arm and a deep blush and shy expression instead of her usual cool confident façade.

We all clapped and cheered as the priest began the ceremony and they exchanged vows. They received howls and whistles when they kissed and Jean and I laughed as Edward teased the colonel non stop….making the colonel blush. I shook my head and chuckled again.

A few minutes later, they began to play soft music and the colonel and Riza began to dance. As time passed, more people joined in and I tugged at Jean’s sleeve. He looked at me and held out his hand with a smile. I took his hand and turned to Gracia. “Could you keep an eye on Kairi please?” I asked and Gracia nodded with a smile.

Jean and I walked to the center of the dance floor and we began to sway slowly to the music. It had been a very long time since we had danced like this or even been just by ourselves. We had to give lots of attention to Kairi…..we didn’t mind it at all of course. She was our daughter after all…..but I had missed out silent tender moments together. I missed being in his arms like this.

We began to dance a little away from the crowd and made it to a garden where we could just hear the music softly. We stared into each other’s eyes and I smiled.

Jean pov:

We danced slowly to the music. I led us away from the crowd to a small clearing behind the church where everything was silent besides the light music in the background. Kairi was being watched over by Gracia and I stared into Mia’s crystal blue eyes. They reflected so much warmth that I could just drown in it.

I sighed and brought her into an embrace as we danced. She wrapped her arms around my neck and caressed the back of my head gently. I closed my eyes and we swayed on the spot. “Mia….my Mia….I love you.” I whispered and her embrace tightened slightly. “I love you….Jean.” she whispered back and I sighed again.

The music ended and we pulled out of the embrace. Her arms were still around my neck and we smiled as another song began to play. I pulled her hands away and held them in mine. I led her to a stone bench next to a small pond and we sat down. I still held her hands and she lifted one hand to caress my cheek. I felt like I couldn’t love her enough….like I couldn’t give her enough love from my side. She was 7 years younger than me and I wanted to wrap her up in my arms forever and protect her like a parent would protect a child.