s i x

- s i x -

She stood the next morning before the cafe counter, the morning rush was barely receding and people walking in and out. Leaving tables a complete mess with coffee stains and crumpled napkins.

Just a few tips left on each table, the shop showed trails of the morning rushers. Along with wet spots of tea, juice and coffee, accompanied by a few crumbs here and there.

Less people stayed back, it was 10 a.m and the early day breeze still lingered on when the door was opened to let out.

Sunshine came in through the panel windows on the side and gave it a fresh feeling, like the new coming of summer.

Her caramel colored dress halfway down her legs and slight colored oxfords underneath, accompanied by a beige cardigan. Her hair was mildly curled, falling in perfect waves.

That morning, she wore her glasses. For losing her contacts at home was not for her liking. Among rushing out of the house as soon as Scott had left for 'work' she had miss placed them.

And now she seemed like a schoolgirl, ready to explore wanderlust in her books, but except she did in her journal which was carefully situated in her hand. Caressing the cover every now and then.

Lately, for the past couple of days, the contact she'd had with him was slim. She had gotten up early and left his breakfast ready so she wouldn't have to confront him.

She felt a little at peace.

Her shift at the library was canceled, she was sure to encounter a very angry Marina the next day, but she didn't care.

Things were finally shining through the dark clouds.

Distracting her thoughts, a man with a white apron called to her. He was much taller than the boy, and he seemed older too. Rough hair and looks he was rigid and opposite.

Her heart sunk at the sight of him attending her. He wasn't who she wanted to see today.

"Good morning miss! What would you like today?"

Smiling warily towards him, she answered.

"Okay. I-Is it alright if I have a simple coffee with cream?"

"You bet."

He wrote down her order on a small notebook, tore the paper out and walked to the back, assuming it was the kitchen, she heard him shout.

"Harry!"

That was his name, Harry.

She heard his sweet voice call back. Which caused her lips to shift into a small smile.

He was here.

"Yeah?"

"Harold, man we've got your favorite order for a lovely lady."

"Oh, do you really?"

Walking up to her from the kitchen, she saw his light up smile. With a white apron, his face was brushed with what she assumed was flower from the morning pastries. Wiping his hands on his jeans, he walked towards her from behind the counter.

He leaned over and greeted her with a smile, revealing dimples on his cheeks.

Looking down over himself, he laughed.

"Pardon the terrifying mess I am."

Earning the wonderful melody of her laugh made his heart skip a beat.

Suddenly, he settled down and said softly.

"You're back."

Just before she could respond, the other attendant called to him.