Chapter 8: Sacrifices

Elsa's POV:

"Are you sure it's legal?" Punzie whispered as she tugs my dress before we enter the office.

"Silly, you're the one who told us this." I giggled.

"Yeah but.. I'm not pretty confident about that." Punzie chuckled nervously.

Hiccup leaned closer to us, "I'm confident about that, we are." He reassured.

Merida finally knocked as she looked at us.

"Come in." Jack said.

"We believe that you're a part of the game, sir, aren't you?" I confidently said in a queen-like manner.

Jack just gave me a poker face which annoyed me a little. Silence filled the room as we waited him to speak, or even to respond but to no avail, Merida's patience wore off.

"We found the first mission and it needs five people. We're absolutely sure that it includes you, our dear adviser." She expressed a little sarcasm in her last statement.

"You sure you got it right?" Jack finally uttered.

We all nodded in sync, with a very serious look and just stared at him.

"Pffft.." Before we knew it, he was shaking with laughter already.

We looked at each other with wondering faces.

"Whoa, this man is crazy!" Merida shouted.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked in a tone of being insulted.

He stopped a bit and looked at me, still controlling his laughter.

"Y-you guys should have.. pfft.. seen your faces!" He stuttered and bursted out laughing again.

We all sighed and I was about to walk out but then he suddenly grabbed my wrist.

"Okay sorry." He started to speak in a more serious voice.

"It's just that you were all so serious about this, I just wanna make you laugh but it turned out that you're not interested." Jack continued.

"How can we not be serious? I mean, this is a competition not just a silly game!" I removed his hand in my wrist.

"I know! But what matters the most is that we played this with fun, together. We might win, or lose, but if we enjoy this together, victory won't matter." Jack replied.

"Here goes the Spirit of Fun!" Hiccup remarked.

"But I guess he has a point." Punzie said.

"Okay I get it. This is getting dramatic. We don't even have an answer yet." I said in defeat.

"Oh yeah, but I think Jack can really join." Merida answered.

"How about the other groups?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I heard someone saying that they will do it even though they lack one member." Hiccup replied.

"Relax, I am willing to join. It's actually legal." Jack said.

We all smiled and jumped in joy.

--

"This place is pretty creepy." I mumbled as I grabbed Jack's hoodie.

"Don't worry." He smiled at me.

We were walking inside the basement already, with each of us holding lamps.

"Seems like we're the first group huh." Hiccup said.

"Yeah, I heard the Class 2 backed out of fear. Chickens." Merida snarled.

"W-well.. T-this is n-not scary a-at all!" Punzie stuttered as she pretended to be brave like the others.

"This place is bigger than I thought." I whispered to myself.

"But what exactly should we do?" Jack suddenly asked.

"I don't know.. walk?" I responded.

There was a moment of silence and Punzie seemed to be creeped out.

"Y-you heard that?" She hid behind Merida.

"Calm down, there's no--" Merida was about to speak but was interrupted.

"Shh, quiet guys." Hiccup put his index finger on his lips.

I held Jack's hand tighter, and he held back.

Suddenly the ground was shaking, and there appeared two doors. One was black, the other, white.

"What's this?" Hiccup moved closer towards the black door.

"Wait! It's probably a trap. Be careful." Merida said, Punzie walked from behind her towards the white door.

"I think we should choose between them." I said as Punzie examined them.

"There are hidden words here." Punzie knocked on the white door.

"What are you doing?" Jack asked.

Then words glowed in the black and white doors.

"Four can pass the white door, but one must walk through the black one alone." It read.

"What?!" Merida groaned.

"But we can't leave each other!" I protested.

"Elsa, this is necessary." Jack said to me with serious look.

"But who?" Hiccup asked.

"I volunteer." Punzie went near the black door.

"But Punzie.." I worriedly uttered.

"Can you handle it? Let me, instead." Merida said.

"No, I admit that I am a bit coward, but I want to prove myself in this game." Punzie

"I understand." Merida

"We understand." Hiccup

Punzie smiled and opened the black door, it was foggy because of black smoke.

"Trust me." She said and walked, disappearing between the fogs and the door closed.

We also went our way towards the door with white mist instead. Punzie, take care.

END.

--

Sorry for slow updates. I've been busy with our church activities, I never imagined summer as a busy season. Haha.

Happy Easter guys!