Chapter 6: Battle of the Big Fours

Jack's POV:

Today is the first day of my second year in teaching here at the Arts of Magic Academy, or AMA.

The population has grown unexpectedly, and a new set of first years are now part of the school. I even heard that Anna enrolled too, despite of her young age. She passed the special exam, Elsa said.

After the winter rage back in Arendelle, their respective king and queen safely returned. Elsa and Anna told the story, and they were glad to see their daughters finally filled their gap, wholly. They were worried about the events, of course, but they were glad that the outcome is great, positive.

Back to reality, I reach the main lobby. The old, and the new mentors have gathered already and I am the only one missing. Yes, we had additional teachers. With the increase of students, of course we need to increase our faculty; Merlin the Wizard, Flora who is one of the three famous fairies of the forest, Lorax and Gru who is a part-timer. He says he needs to have time with his children and crazy inventions. I just realized, no one else besides him has family of our own!

After the students have gathered, North starts to announce the freshmen's respective classes. The new second years will retain their classes and will just be advanced by a year. Now, my class is called Class 2-4. There are also additional students, they are new but they have passed the level of first years so they are advanced in second year. Surprisingly, Eugene Fitzherbert was able to join us.

Anna in the other hand, is casted in class 1-3. Her adviser is Gru. She waves at us when she saw us. We all wave back in return.

"And for the new students who luckily advanced their ways to second year.. Eugene Fitzherbert for Class 2-2!"

Punzie frowns. "Hey blondie, don't worry. At least I'm at the same year as you." Eugene winks at her as he passes through us. Punzie blushes.

"He's right." She mumbles.

"And now, Periwinkle.. Class 2-4!"

I glance and see a short fairy with pale white, spiky hair. She seems to be yielding.. snow. Could it be? Someone like me and Elsa, perhaps we're not really alone as what we thought.

"For the next announcement.." North says.

"There will be a battle of Big Fours for all second years. They will compete for the official title of Big Four, to represent the whole AMA, to protect their fellow students and alma matter for this year. Details would be further announced this week."

Alas, he finally mentioned what I suggested. Last time, Big Four proved no essence in the Academy's security. I mean, it was merely a title with no function. Now, we must choose the rightful group, and give them their rightful tasks.

However, my Big Four's bravery last battle with Pitch showed that they will surely win this competition, but the others suggested for this battle to be fair and formal so I agreed.

--

Elsa's POV:

"Nonsense." I bawl at the table. We are now having our lunch at the Garden, the so-called Big Four of Class Four with Eugene and Anna. Jack's not here, he said he needs to do some faculty stuffs.

"Come on Els, we know that this is for the school's security, and yours too." Anna comforts me.

"Security? From what? Surely, they're using students as bait!" I retort.

"No such thing as bait. Y'know, I think that the security thingy is just a cover-up. Bet they have different intention." Merida bolts in.

"How can you say so?" Hiccup asks.

"Isn't it obvious? The Academy's already bounded with barrier spell after Pitch's attack, there's probably another use they need.." Punzie says, trying to act cool in front of Eugene.

"I don't even understand what you guys are discussing!" Eugene looks puzzled. Funny guy.

"Okay okay, but I won't be giving all my best for the competition. Last time gave me a serious headache, I don't think I wanna experience it again." I surrender.

"Great! That will do." Punzie grins.

"Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, but would you please let your new acquaintance join your table?" Jack suddenly says, along with a pale girl beside her.

So, this is the new girl huh? I feel something disturbing towards her.

We all just nodded and smiled.

END.

--

Jingles! New characters woot~

Unfortunately, Reno's gone. Let's find out why in the next chapter. Stay tuned! ;)