First meeting - 1

In people's eyes, the world is big place, so they start to make themselves believe, that people are too small to take risks, they are afraid to get to know other cultures and places. People are scared of night life, because they believe that the world is dangerous place. But this is just eyes. We, people, are losing chances to get to know the world differently, just like we believe that our soul mate are in our country or city. I believed in this too, until one evening, when I met him.

„Hello Miss Percy, would you like some wine?" Young looking lady with friendly aura around her came to me. She was wearing quite long, red dress with emblem of the compony on it.

"Hey and thank you, but I'll pass" I said with warming smile on my face.

"Are you sure? Because this is our newest wine from Italy" She offered again, but I shook my head and gave her a look who said 'thank you, but really, I don't want it'. It felt like the whole conversation went with our glances to each other. She smiled once again at me and walked away.

Today is another Friday evening, that I would like to enjoy at home, but here I am – in expensive looking hotel, somewhere in Paris, where the most important meeting is going on for company where I work. Before the most important part of this meeting, everyone is enjoying one bite meals and not so strong alcohol. The most interesting question is probably - why is everyone here? And the answer is simple – to make contract with famous people, who will make companies name bigger and of course money.

Today we're having meeting with one of the famous boxers called Christian Yu. Our company will have to promote and make important meetings for him, and his crew. Basically, they will be another part of company's business. While I'm not that important – assistant who always has to take notes, keep eye on our guests, search for detailed information about people and organize meetings.

I walked to the bar and asked bartender for an orange juice. Bartender gave me my juice and I thanked him, as I turned around I saw big mirror in front of me. I looked at myself quickly and fixed my simple, but elegant looking champagne color dress. Suddenly I felt light tap on my shoulder, which made me have a small heart attack for a second. I quickly turned around and saw my CEO with big bright smile on his face, as he fixed his black hear.

"Hey Elizabeth, did I scare you?" He lightly chuckled at my reaction.

"Oh no, Mr. Garrison. Everything is okay" I smiled at him and he just understanding nodded. He looked around and then his eyes came back to mine.

"Meeting is starting in thirty minutes, but have you seen Christian Yu? I want to talk to him." I tried to scan my mind and try to remember if I saw him somewhere. But I just shook my head as an answer. "Damn it, can you please find him? I will wait for him in conference room."

"Sure, if I won't find him I'll inform you Mr. Garrison" I told our CEO and walked away.

My eyes were searching the whole crowd for him and time was just running out. I tried to push through the people and with almost each step I had to apologizes myself for accidently hitting others lightly. The hall was so big that I only searched just a half of it. But soon my eyes caught tall, quite masculine man with black fluffy curls. His face had strict features, but his warm smile softened everything. His looks made me look at him twice, when I realized that it's him – what I was searching for. He was surrounded by few men and girls, I fixed myself and walked to him, trying to look all professional.

"Excuse me" I tapped Christians shoulder, making him turn around quickly. He looked even better in real life, than in photos. But I tried to think with my brain, not heart. "I'm Mr. Garrisons assistant Elizabeth Percy and our CEO wants to meet you right now, if you can." I smiled at him and looked down at my heels, because his staring made me feel a little uncomfortable.

"Nice to meet you" Christian said with his sweet Australian accent. Suddenly he unexpectedly reached my hand for handshake. I answered to his handshake and again smiled politely. "Where is he waiting for me?"

"He is waiting in conference room, where the meeting should start" I looked quickly at my phone. "In 20 minutes."

"Oh, okay thank you" He gave me his warming smile. "Guys I'll meet you later" He waved at his friends and after he looked at me, he disappeared in the crowd making me awkwardly stand in front of his friends. I felt rising heat on my face, because of my shyness.

"Sorry, if I disturbed" I politely smiled and slowly walked away to the conference room.

When I walked in the room, other people started to go to conference room too, making sure that they will get seats. I went to mine reserved seat next to small stage. I sat down and took my note pad with pencil. There was still 5 minutes left till start, so I started to look around the room. It was our first time here and I was stunned by the design and luxurious atmosphere here. On the walls, you could see different sizes of drawings. Some of them were realistic, modern or in impressionism style. No matter how different they looked, they made good contrast.

Once I finished looking at art, I looked at the wall in front of me, which were further from me. Silent sigh went from my mouth, when I saw Vincent van Gogh's remade painting called 'Almond Blossoms'. I looked a bit down and saw Christian sitting with my CEO, letting me observe him more. He still looked chill, while you could clearly see stress in my boss's eyes. The dark claret suit made his body show off, making girls be whipped around his finger. No matter how polite he is, I could say that sometimes he would use his looks and strength as key to success.

Suddenly I heard loud voice coming from stage, letting people know that conference started. Older woman stood with microphone, introducing Christian with his crew and our CEO Mr. Garrison. Everyone started to clap and after few seconds everyone went quiet and conference started. You could hear how photographers are capturing every moment of worlds one of the best boxers new beginning.

"I'm so glad that Mr. Christian and his crew decided to put trust in us. It's such a good opportunity to my company to show off their skills again." Mr. Garrison started to talk.

After a while I started to make notes for useful information, listening carefully, making sure I got everything right. Sometimes I would look at Christian and he would notice it immediately flashing his bright smile at me, while I didn't know how to respond to it, I would keep my straight face and start to look at someone else.

This was my first time when I felt so uncomfortable in the meeting, not knowing sometimes how to act. But after few hours finally everything ended and I quickly made my way to Mr. Garrison where he was talking to older lady and next to her stood Christian.

"Mr. Garrison, then I have to give you the information?" I interrupted their conversation, but it seemed that our CEO wasn't bothered about it.

"The sooner the better. I hope I will get your report next Friday" He said and turned back to talk to older lady that was already waiting to continue their conversation. I nodded to myself while putting note pad in my purse. I tried my best to not look at Christian again, so I turned around on heel and exited the conference room.

I was checking all my messages from my mom as I walked to the exit door. She poured me with questions like "Is everything okay? How's the meeting going? Do they feed me well?", sometimes it felt like I'm still her little girl. I had some missed calls from my friend too, but I was too tired to answer. The only thing was how I'm going to go back to my hotel and jump in my bed.

When I wanted to pull door to get out of this building, my hand touched other manly hand. I suddenly tug my hand from man's hand and mumbled quick "Sorry". I stepped away a little and looked up. There he was again. As he saw me too, on his face appeared that smile again. He quickly opened door for me.

"Ladies first" as he said this I gave him fake tired smile.

"Really?" I mumbled again as I walked through the door.

And this is how I met him – Christian Yu.