Chapter 2: Another Guardian

Start from the beginning

"Hey Silverest."

"Ahh!" I gasped jumping back from the voice and he chuckled. I quickly relaxed know the voice. "What now Seth?" I asked annoyed and he chuckled again licking his lips, I notice blood smeared around his mouth from his last meal, it smells like he caught a rabbit.

"Nothing, just over heard you and Jake talking." He shrugged his shoulders and I groaned annoyed at him.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Out catching something to eat and I heard you guys talking about something interesting. So I decided to ease drop." He said and I glare at him. "Any who about the other sibling thing."

"What?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"I've lived longer the Jake and know what it's like to lose a sibling." He started, I stared at him weird.

"Huh?" I questioned about the sibling thing.

"Long story, trust me. Any who I know it's hard to lose a sibling and having to go through it, especially for a werewolf. If I'm right on this, when someone in the family dies the whole family gets this pain in their chest right?"

"That's the problem." I mumbled and he stopped looking down at me.

"What problem?"

"I don't feel it anymore."

"That feeling? Can you descripe it to me." He asked and I nodded my head.

"When Drake died. It felt like a truck ran over my chest and my nerves twisted around my heart squeezing it, but as the months went on the feeling started to fade away now I just feel numb." I told him and he nodded his head interested.

"I've heard that the family members try dealing with the pain though and it could take years before it fades." He added and I nodded knowing that. "But with you...Maybe you mind made you feel numb because of the pain. You were very close to your brother Drake." He added and I smiled lightly.

"That's another thing that bugs me." I mumbled.

"Drake?" He questioned and I nodded my head.

"I feel like he isn't dead, like he's still alive." I whispered and he glanced down at my neck, I looked down to see Drake's wolf tooth dangling from my neck. I never took this off because of how important it is to me. Maybe it could be the necklace that makes me feel that way.

"Well it's getting late and I'm still hungry." Seth spoke up while I stared at the necklace. I looked up at him and he smiled lightly.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Sure, see ya Seth." I smiled saying bye before he left heading into the woods. I turned to the woods determining weather to go for a run or not. I looked back at he house then exhaled a breath turning to the house shifting back. I walked up to the back door and entered to house. I went over to the kitchen to find mom and dad sitting at the table talking. They fell silent when I entered the kitchen.

"Hey dear, how are you?" Mom smiled lightly, I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ok, how are you guys?" I asked.

"Where's Derek?" Dad questions noticing he wasn't here. I pointing to the door.

"Shifting." I answered him, he nodded his head.

"Well, you hungry?" My mom asked and I shook my head,

"No, I ate before leaving with Derek earlier. I'm tired now and feel like getting some sleep." I told them and they nodded. I said goodnight to them before heading up to my room. I ran up the stairs and closed the door to my room then exhaled a long breath tired. Rubbing my eyes I went over to my dresser and changed into grey sweatpants and a light purple t-shirt. I throw my head into a pony tail and climb into my bed laying on my back so I was staring up at the ceiling.