February 19th

I finally gave in and went on a date with him. Which meant my roommates went crazy.

I was forced into a little black dress with more makeup than I've worn in the past year.

"Guys. I grew up with Mats. I don't need to be this dressed up."

I really, honestly didn't.

"You turned him down how many times? At least give him something he's going to want even more."

So he could bother me even more? No, I don't think so.

It was a busy restaurant, but I'm guessing Mats had some pull. We had a nice booth in the corner and he bought expensive wine to go with our dinner.

If it was with anyone but my childhood best friend, I probably would have loved it.

He told me about how his family was back home. I already knew. His brother was all over the news of me and Ronaldo. Well, my dad was too but they had completely different reactions.

But then the night ended with us screaming at each other. A Norwegian word was thrown in there when I'd forget the English one. He thought it was funny. I didn't.

"Mats. Your mother asks me about my games all the time. She congratulated me when I got my first goal. I never lost touch with your family. Just you."

"Freya, wait."

"This was stupid Mats and you know it."