Prompt #9

Prompt: Hello, can you please write a prompt about Leon and his sister talking with George Constance about the riot and its consequences. In Leon's POV please.

-------------------------------------

                Caroline and I sat at the kitchen table together, waiting for our father to get home. My mom was eyeing me, trying not to be obvious about it.

                "Mom, I'm fine," I said, despite how exhausted I felt. "I didn't get hurt during the riot. I promise."

                I'd caught an elbow in the ribs, but I was fine other than that. I still couldn't believe that had actually happened at Constance Academy.

                The door opened and dad entered the room. Caroline and I watched him warily as he came in and took a seat at the table.

                "We have a lot to talk about," dad said. "Abby, please give us the room."

                "I'll go to Adam's apartment. I want to check on him," mom said, and dad waited until he heard the front door shut.

                "Why aren't you with Adam? Don't you need to talk to him?" Caroline asked.

                "I'll speak with him later," dad said. "Your brother has failed the Academy. I was raised my whole life to run Constance Academy, and I raised Adam to run it. But he has gotten far too ambitious and paranoid. He is going to run the Academy into the ground. All he's managed to do is anger the Maroons and make the Blues think they run the place."

                "Isn't that how it's always been?" I said.

                Dad shot me a cool look. "I ran the Academy with balance, Leon. There were rebellious groups like Kaz and Beckett, but never a riot. Never any big fights. Just small incidents that I crushed. I've run the Academy since I was Adam's age, and in all that time, only Kaz Warrick and Beckett Townsend caused me any problems I couldn't handle."

                I shrank in my seat a little. He could've handled Beckett if it wasn't for me helping him and his friends.

                "Adam is not fit to run the Academy," dad said. "I've thought it over very carefully."

                Caroline's eyes widened. "Dad, Adam's waited his whole life to run the Academy."

                "And he'll destroy it. He is not fit to be the headmaster. I won't take him out of the Academy, but he will not be in charge. Adam couldn't get any of that riot under control, even with the help of the security and teachers. He's let the Blues have more power than him. He's been unable to handle Jin Amano and his friends. I left them up to him and he failed to crush their rebellion before they hatched this scheme." Dad folded his hands together on the table, looking between us. "I would like you two to take over together."

                "Me?" I choked out.

                "You handled that riot. You've taken an interest in the students and the Academy. Caroline was raised for this, and you are a natural. Caroline has my methods and you have yours. I believe that you two could handle the tensions at the Academy. I'll stay on for three more years to train you, but I'll give the two of you control next year," dad said.

                I looked at Caroline. I knew she was pursuing a different career. I knew she didn't want to betray Adam.

                But she had no hesitation, just the loyalty she'd always had when it came to my father. "If you need us, we'll take over the Academy. We'll control the situation and bring the Academy back to a respectable state."