0.1

Chapter One:

John Watson walked through his high school's hallways. He stumbled past other students, all trying to get to their classes. John scuttled about quickly. Suddenly, he hit something hard. It was a person and the person was tall. John fell backwards, most of his papers flying. Great, he thought to himself. He kneeled down and started to collect the papers. The person he had bumped into had kneeled down aswell. John looked up, shocked. When he did look up, his nose almost brushed the other boy's, just inches, maybe centimetres apart. The other boy was tall, thin but muscular. He had beautifully carved cheekbones, intense blue eyes and a head of shaggy, curly dark hair. The boy's lower, pink lip had a black ring pierced into it. His ocean eyes bored into John, making his insides tremble.

"Sorry about that. I guess neither of us were looking where we were going." The other boy's pierced lips curled slightly. John got lost into his eyes, lost in the ocean of the blue. "My name is Sherlock Holmes," the curly haired, more-like-a-man, boy reached out a hand, waiting for John to shake it.

John shook it tentatively, "I know who you are, uh, I'm John Watson." Sherlock Holmes was just about the most popular guy in like, the history of popular guys. He was so smart he just kinda made people like him some how. People just fluttered to him, like he was the light in the darkness and everyone else were tiny little mothes. If he didn't like you, or you got to close he would sting you and you'd be nothing. Him, the Sherlock Holmes talking to you was like the Queen of bloody England blessed you. Sherlock smirked, his fingers lingering next to John's. He pulled away, collecting John's books for him. John tore his eyes away and took them from him.

"Sherlock!" A sing-songs voice rang. Sherlock's eyes rolled sarcastically, his unofficial girlfriend, Irene was calling his name. John looked up and saw her rushing to Sherlock, from behind. She was pouting, her hips swaying. Sherlock sighed, gave a slight smile to John and stood up.

"See ya around, John." Sherlock winked and turned around. "Ah, hello Irene. I was just helping out my good friend here, John." Sherlock's eyes flickered to John who was now standing. John gulped, grasping his books. He half smiled and shuffled off awkwardly. John looked behind his shoulder to see Irene blabbing on and Sherlock not really listening. Irene cocked an angry, pierced with a stud eyebrow at John, sliding her hand into Sherlock's bum pocket protectively. Jealousy slashed into John's heart. John looked away, shaking his head trying to clear it. He didn't even like Sherlock like that, did he?

Sherlock Holmes faked a smile at Irene. She was intriguing yes, smart and beautiful but Sherlock really wasn't into that kind of thing. She was great, but with her you always had to have your guard on. There was no resting, it was all quick, quick, quick. But when Sherlock had briefly talked to John, Sherlock felt some weird vibes and emotions. He'd never felt those emotions with Irene. They were new and awkard. He didn't know how to respond. So of course he did the most awkward thing possible and shake John's hand because that is clearly what teenagers do.

"Sherlock!" Irene slid her fingers into his bum pocket.

"Yeah?" His eyes flickered to see John walking away and turning his head away, too. He wanted John to keep looking, but why on earth would he do that?

"You're not listening to me!"

"Sorry, love. As you were saying..." Sherlock tore his eyes away back on Irene. She opened her mouth and started to speak smartly again, tugging at her dyed hair. Sherlock just slightly nodded like he always did. But his mind was somewhere different, his mind was lost in John. But, what the hell! I just met him, he's just nice I mean I barely got to say a word to him! He's cute and dorky and that's really attractive, wait. Do I even like guys like that?

Irene glared at him, "Your mind is on that nerd."

Sherlock shook his head, "No I'm not, and you're calling him a nerd." He clucked his tongue, "You're the bigger nerd, Ms. IQ 345." Irene just glared at Sherlcok, stalking off.

"All right, Sherlock?" A smirking voice seeped into the air.

Sherlock sneered, "Hello Anderson."

Phillip Anderson stepped in front of him, "Hello."

"Everything is all good, actually. Thanks for asking," Sherlock rolled his tongue around teeth.

Phillip smirked, "Why were you talkin' to that-that nerd, Johnny-cake?"

"His name isn't Johnny-Cake, it's John." Sherlock dropped any sign of happiness from his face.

"Hey freak," Sally, Phillip's girlfriend walked up, sliding her arm around his waist. Phillip cocked an eyebrow at Sherlock who didn't respond.

"Would you stop?" Sherlock looked at the two with a face that said 'you-are-the-most-pathetic-people-i-have-ever-seen.'

"I'm not doin' anythin'" Phillip put his arm around Sally.

"You were thinking, it's annoying." Sherlock pushed them from each other and elegantly walked past.

John looked down, his fingers gripped around his binders. His thoughts wouldn't leave the amazing blue of Sherlock, his pink lips, his smooth cheekbones...

"Watch it Johnny-cake!" A gruff voice pushed past John, almost making him drop his binders. He held them tight, looking away. John scuffled away to his next class, History. He shuffled into a desk, sat down and took out his book to begin reading.

Sherlock heard the last bell ring. He cursed himself for not walking fast enough. He looked around realising he was on the wrong side of school. He cursed himself again and turned around. As Sherlock walked, he pulled a pad out of his pocket. He scribbled some words on it. It was a pass pad, he had stolen it from the office. He'd already memorised all the teacher' signature so it was easy to fake it. Who should give me a pass today? He thought rolling the pen between his fingers. How about one of the office ladies, Mrs. F. He hadn't had a pass from her in a while. He scribbled her signature and a check under the 'excused' line. He pushed into his history class, his blue eyes sweeping the room. Sherlock's eyes fell on John. He hadn't really noticed him, like, of course he knew he was there but he hadn't really taken the time to accept his presence. John looked up from his book, blinking his big eyes at Sherlock. Sherlock smiled, his eyes not leaving John even when he set down his pass on the teacher's desk. He fell into the chair next to John's, tearing his eyes away to see where he was going. John's cheeks went a slight shade of pink, was he blushing?

"Hello John Watson," Sherlock sat conformably in his desk.

"It's John, you don't have to say my full name." John scrunched his face up like a hedgehog. It was completely adorable. Sherlock didn't respond, he raked his eyes up and down John. His mind had just thought of John as adorable so he had to find out why. John wore a button down and dark jeans, nothing crazy. He wore old sneakers, a little out of character but it was interesting. His sleeves were down to his wrists. A small smudge was on them, sauce. So he ate something with sauce, and teens like John was probably eating a sand which. On his lips, there was a slight stain of a dark liquid, soda. His teeth were white from behind his braces, he didn't have soda often. Today was a special day then, a celebration to have a soda. His eyes were tired but excited, so it was a big day. His shirt looked new, like a present. His hair was brushed to the side, probably by his own fingers. It was a dusty blond kind of colour, no gel or anything in it. It looked soft, Sherlock wanted to run his fingers through it. Why am I thinking like this? Sherlock looked away at his hands. John bit his bottom lip and looked away. Sherlock tore at his brain trying to find something that would tell him why John biting his lip was attractive.

"Mr. Holmes! What was the cause of World War I?" His history teacher snapped.

Sherlock didn't look up as he answered, "lThe assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand." The teacher pursed his lips. "But, it also started because of alliances between the countries." The teacher then sneered and moved on.