Chapter 2 - Look Who's Talking Now

Period two had just ended and students were on they're way to lunch. Melissa saw Nathan in the hallway throwing his books into his locker looking very pissed off.

"Hey!, what's the matter with you?" Melissa asked hitting Nathan on his left arm. Nathan gave Melissa a serious look.

"Another math quiz?" she asked. Nathan shrugged then nodded.

"Isn't there someone in that class that can help you?

"There's this one guy", Nathan started. "Adam Randall."

"Well, ask him cause I'm not going over to your house just so you can fall asleep on me again." Melissa said firmly.

"I would Mel, but the guy smells really bad."

"Nathan! that's not a nice thing to say!" Melissa scolded.

Nathan laughed. "I'm sorry Mel, but it's true!"

Nathan sighed and leaned his head up against his locker. " I'm so screwed." he said. Then he continued.

"My only hope is Lex, do you really think he can help me? He's only eleven years old. What's he know about High school math?" Nathan asked Melissa.

"Have you forgotten? Lex is a genius remember?" Melissa asked.

"Yeah, of course how could I forget."

"Come on Mel, I'm hungry let's go get lunch." said Nathan.

"I'll meet you and the others outside, I'm just gonna get my things ready for next class." Melissa told Nathan.

"Ok, sure meet you there." Nathan said and began running down the hall down the stairwell.

Melissa searched through her locker looking for her notebooks and whatnot that she needed for her next class. She found them and bent down to put them in her bag pack and got up to lock her locker. As soon as she closed her locker door Melissa jumped and gasped at the same time. She did not she him standing there. Standing by her side looking at her was a 5'11", slim-fit physique, brown hair, blue eyed boy. JACKSON.

"Uh, sorry. I didn't mean to sneak up on you like that." Jackson said looking a little nervous.

"Um, fine. Whatever." Melissa replied, letting out a sigh.

Whoa, Jackson thought. For the first time in so long she finally said something other then "Hi" and "Bye" to him.

"Mel, I really wanna talk to you." Jackson said. Trying to make her eyes meet his.

Melissa couldn't think straight and she struggled to put the lock on her locker. She finally looked up at Jackson.

"What is it that you have been trying to talk to me about for the past year and a half?..."About your relationship with Taylor?" She asked looking at Jackson angrily.

Jackson just stood there looking at Melissa in shock. She was actually looking at him in the eye and talking to him.

Then Melissa continued. "I don't care, ok?"

Jackson sighed and put his hand on his forehead and began rubbing it like he was getting a headache. While Melissa just stood there watching him waiting for an answer and when it looked like he wasn't going to answer her, she began to walk away from him. But he caught up to her, blocking her so she couldn't go any further.

"When will you get over this?"

Jackson said sounding a bit frustrated and trying hard not to raise his voice at the upset girl.

"And no, my relationship with Taylor is not what I've been wanting to talk to you about." He said.

Soon as Jackson said that and before Melissa could put a word in, Taylor came and threw her arms around Jackson's neck and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hi babe, hey Melissa." Taylor said with a big smile on her face.

Melissa stood there looking at both Jackson and Taylor. She definitely wanted to say something to the both of them, but the words she wanted to say wouldn't come out. Melissa only managed to roll her eyes at the couple and walk away.

"What?" Taylor yelled at Melissa then looked at Jackson.

"Did I say something bad?" she asked Jackson.

Jackson glanced at Taylor then at Melissa who was stomping down the hallway and he sighed.

He didn't know what to say.