Phase One

THE PAST

Winter of 2013.

Sehun fell inlove with Luhan. Unexpected as it seems, he has been denying it for two solid months but he eventually gave in. He accepted that he is helplessly inlove with Luhan. He was struggling, though, for he did not know what will happen if Luhan finds out. He knew how obsessed Luhan is by calling himself manly. He knew Luhan likes someone else and his confession might damage their friendship. Maybe, that was one of the reasons why he kept denying his feelings. He doesn't want to ruin whatever they have.

The two were like twins - they both have blonde hair, and they were rarely seen separated. Little did everyone know, they were just hanging together because of their fan service. That confused Sehun more. Their closeness was supposedly just fan service. They knew fans like how they cuddle with each other, so they gave them what they want. They cuddle almost everywhere. They hold hands and hug each other in public. They did everything like a married couple.

It was just fan service but Sehun did a mistake. He fell inlove with Luhan but he knew that Luhan was just clinging to him because they need to, not because he wanted to. At their dorm, Luhan always hangs out with Xiumin and totally ignores him. That's what hurted him the most. He was just an option. Luhan likes Xiumin, not him. The real Luhan doesn't like to be around Sehun, unlike the idol Luhan. And that was a reality Sehun needs to accept.

-

"I love you, hyung. I really do.."

"Stop it, Sehun-ah!"

"But hyung.."

"I love Xiumin. I'm sorry."

Sehun knew that. Sehun knew but he ignored it. He thought that he might have a chance, but Luhan's answer clearly told him that there's none. After hearing his confession, Luhan totally ignored him. He even asked Suho to change their rooms. Luhan was now staying with Xiumin, Chen was with Sehun. Luhan approached the managers and told them that he can't continue their skinship anymore, because its damaging his manliness. The managers laughed at him, but agreed to his pledges.

They don't talk nor approach each other anymore. Sehun avoids Luhan more than Luhan avoids Sehun. He needs to move on and ignoring the deer might help him. He denies it but he was hurting like crazy. He will see how Xiumin brings smile to Luhan's face. He never saw him smile like that with him. He sees how Luhan enjoys Xiumin's company, unlike his. Unlike their relationship, full of scripts and everything was fake.

Months passed by, Luhan totally ignored his feelings but Sehun was still suffering. Truthfully, Sehun still loves Luhan, but he kept denying it. He smiles and tries to stay strong in front of the members, fooling around with them. Little did everyone know, behind Sehun's crescent smile was a broken Sehun who cries himself to sleep every night.

-

The M members were called for a sudden conference by their manager. The K members were out that day, promoting a certain charity event. They were informed that they need to return to China in a week's time to continue their promotion there. This saddened them, because they got used to staying with the K members. They got used hanging around as twelve. The manager understood how they felt but explained their responsibilities. The M members can't do anything about it so they just nodded, slipping out one by one silently.

The K members arrived thirty minutes after their short talk with the manager. No one dared to open up the topic to them, considering the fact that they were tired and the news might frustrate them more. They gathered in the hall, except for Sehun who quickly went in his room, the moment they arrived.

Xiumin nudged Luhan. "Luhan."

Luhan hummed to indicate he was listening.

"You should talk to Sehun. You know, before we go."