The Journey From Platform Nine and Three-Quarters

From a young age- well, a younger age than eleven- Briony Adams had always known that, she would be housed as a Hufflepuff. From the moment she had see the badger crest in her Father's copy of Hogwarts: A History and discovered that, he favourite author, Newt Scamander- writer of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them- had too been a Hufflepuff, the young girl knew that she was destined to become an alumni of that house.

So when the day arrived for the young girl to finally board the vast red, beast known as the Hogwarts Express, Briony could hardly wait to start he journey as a witch in training!

Unfortunately she would have to wait  a little longer, for a slight queue had formed between the platforms of Nine and Ten. Not entirely helpful when you're trying to be an inconspicuous with in busy London.

When she could a glimpse of flame red hair, the young girl knew immediately who was the source of the delay, the Weasley family. Yes, Briony knew the large family well, as both her Father and Mr Weasley worked in the same department at the Ministry of Magic and therefore, Briony had spent many long summers befriending Ginny Weasley, whom still had one more year to wait, before she would be joining her siblings at the school for Witchcraft and Wizardry, which the brunette thought a shame. It would have been nice to have at least one friend at the start of the term.

"Is there something wrong with the barrier?" Briony enquired, glancing up at her Mother with her large brown eyes.

"Molly-" Willa Adams quickly corrected herself. "I mean Mrs Weasley, is just showing a new student how to use the barrier."

Glancing passed the motherly form of Mrs Weasley and her motley band of auburn-haired children, the young heroine managed to catch a glimpse of a raven-haired boy, whom possessed the messiest of locks and the greenest of eyes. She found him to be the most peculiar of students, for he was unsupervised albeit for the accompaniment of his snowy white owl.

There was something so familiar about his appearance- perhaps she had seen him about London before?

"Ah, it looks like he's gotten the jist now, we'll be on the platform in no time." commented Martin Adams, as he encouragingly nudged his daughter gently but she was oblivious to his words, for she was far too focused to the disappearing form of the eleven year old boy.

"Alright, it's our turn now. Brian, help your sister with her trolley and mind her cat!" the elder sibling merely rolled his eyes at the familiar sound of his Mother's scolding.

"What kind if moron calls their cat Percival, anyway?" the dark-haired male taunted his sister, as he grabbed a hold of the trolley's handle.

"What kind of parents name their kid after a muggle singer?" Briony quipped back, defending her beloved obsidian black cat, Percival- whom was aptly named after the once Director of Magical Security, Percival Graves, a dear friend to the eccentric, Newt Scamander.

Without another word uttered between them, the Adams children ran towards the metal ticket box.

Finally, Briony found herself upon Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, this time not as a bystander but as a prospective student.

An overwhelming wave of happiness washed over the brunette, as a smile spread across her face, displaying the slight gap in her front teeth.

"We haven't got long now until your departure." the sudden booming voice of her Father shattered Briony's reverie, causing her to refocus on the situation at hand. "Willa, love, can you and Brian give the trunks to the porter. Yep, just hand me Percy's cage. That's great. I just want to have a quick word with Briony."

Her Father's words came as a surprise to to the young girl. Goodbyes had already been expressed during the car journey to the station, as the had been running late that morning. What more could there be possibly left to say? She wondered, as she watched her Mother and annoying brother wander away, lost in the billowing smoke coming from the train.