worth it (lance)

A/N: THIS MIGHT AS WELL BE A WHOLE LANCE X READER BOOK BECAUSE THIS IS MY THIRD ONE THUS FAR??
Anways, I have to warn you all right about now before anything, but this story will be BASED OFF OF SEASON 3 OF VOLTRON, WHICH MEANS THERE WILL BE SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD.
Man, I am still so depressed over it all. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy.
-
-
-
Ever since Shiro went away, the castle has been a lot quieter, and the order of the paladins had to be changed.
Keith somehow became the chosen one for the black lion, leading him to lead black instead.
Which meant someone had to pilot the red lion.
Each of the paladins went to their lions, testing out if they were still the chosen ones.
Allura decided to try and pursue the red lion; while that happened, Lance was trying to get his own lion to work.
"Alright, open up, buddy," Lance said to Blue, knocking as he usually did when he needed his lion.
No response.
Lance looked up at it, confused a bit, wondering what was wrong.
"Hey, buddy, it's me, Lance," he called again, still getting no response.
Lance sighed a bit, feeling half defeated.
He then started to try everything in his willpower to get Blue to listen; he tried flirting with it, yelling at it, taking to it, etc.
But nothing worked..
"Do you... really not remember me, Blue..?" Lance asked softly, his heart shattering a bit.
Little did he know that a certain person was walking in through the door.
It was you, (Y/N), his best friend aside from Blue.
You were by his side almost all of the time, and although he flirted with you from time to time, you always felt like it was just him and his tactics with girls.
You had to admit, you found it cute considering the fact that you had a small (okay probaby huge) crush on the goofy cuban.
Anywho, you walked in, seeing Lance stare up at the still locked up lion.
You heard him let out a shaky breath.
"Lance?" you called, causing him to quickly wipe a few tears and turn around.
He gave you a small but fake chuckle, scratching the back of his head.
"Looks like Blue hates me, haha.." he confessed, holding back the urge to break down. He didn't want to seem weak, especially in front of you.
You walked up to him and quickly, without hesitation, wrapped your arms around him in a warm hug.
His eyes widened in shock, yet his vision started to get blurry as tears rolled down his face.
He buried his face into your shoulder, holding onto you tightly, sobbing ever so silently.
It broke your heart, seeing him like this. You rubbed circles gently on his back, trying your best to comfort him.
"Just let it all out, dear.." you whispered softly, holding him tighter.
"I... what did I do to make Blue hate me..?" Lance asked in between sniffles, his eyes heavy.
"Lance, baby, you didn't do anything, okay? Maybe it was just a calling for a different paladin; you know what happened with Keith," you replied softly while stroking his hair ever so gently.
Lance pulled away from the hug, looking down.
"Maybe this is a call for me to end my time as a paladin, I mean, if Shiro does come back, and I can't even get Blue to open up, there isn't any use for me here. Plus, I'm already a bother as it is-"
"Shut your quiznak, Lance." you demanded, causing him to shut up, his eyes widening again in surprise.
It felt nice seeing him all silent.
"Listen. You are WORTH IT in this castle, if not, more than worth it. I'm not gonna let you bully yourself and bring yourself down when none of that is true."
You took both of his hands into your own, holding them gently as you looked into his eyes, softening your tone with your words.
"Look, you're an absolute sweetheart. You're perfect in my eyes in every way. Don't ever think you're annoying or a bother, okay?"
You tip-toed a bit, leaning over to kiss his cheek.
"I love you, Lance, you mean the world to me, and I would die if you left in any way."
Lance blushed madly, his eyes looking downward.
After a few seconds, you heard him mumble softly.
"..thank you," he mumbled, biting his lip.
"Hmm?" you hummed, looking up at him.
You quickly shut up when he leaned over and pressed his forehead against yours.
"I said thank you," he repeated softly, looking into your eyes with a soft expression on his face. "So, so much."
You felt his arms wrap gently around your waist. Your heart started to pound, and you blushed slightly.
The good thing? He was feeling the exact same way.
The two of you started to lean closer to each other, and slowly, your lips touched.
You've been waiting for this- HE'S been waiting for this.
The two of you shared a sweet, loving kiss with each other; you could feel Lance smiling into the kiss, which made your heart melt.
After a bit, the two of you pulled away despite not wanting to.
The two of you looked at each other again and laughed softly.
"I love you too, (y/n)," he admitted, looking into your eyes and smiling at you.
"I love you more~" you teased, smirking at him.
Lance smirked as well. "Try me~" he challenged.
You turned around, laughing.
"I surrenderrrrr!" you called as you walked away.
He pouted, then started to walk after you, wrapping his arms around your waist from behind.
"Don't leave meeee," he whined, hugging you tighter from behind.
You smiled sweetly, then turned around to kiss him again softly.
"You're too precious for this world," you replied, putting your hand on his cheek while smiling.
He smiled sweetly, leaning his forehead against yours again.
"I'll be anything for you, (y/n)."