Chapter 2

The morning had whizzed by and by lunch Ali was excited to see her friends. She stopped by her locker to get her lunch when she saw Luca who appeared to be doing the same.

“Hey there.” Ali said, as Luca pulled a brown bag out of his locker.

“Oh, hey!” said a surprised Luca, not expecting to see Ali. “Please tell me you have this lunch and aren’t just grabbing books.” He said, wincing at the thought of her leaving and having to find the cafeteria alone.

Ali laughed and replied, “Yeah, I have this lunch. I’m guessing you do to?”, raising an eyebrow mockingly.

Laughed sarcastically, and looked at her, “Yes I do, the only thing is; I don’t know where the cafeteria is.” He said, smiling sheepishly.

“Oh, I’ll walk with you.” She offered; and with that they turned away and walked to the cafeteria.

“So you don’t buy lunch?”, Ali asked to break the silence.

“I do actually, but with today being my first day; I didn’t want to add buying lunch to my list of new things to do.” Luca answered with a smile.

“Oh, so you didn’t buy lunch at your old school either?”

“I did on occasion, but me and the lunch lady were pretty close; she was my aunt, so I didn’t have to pay.”

“You’re aunt willingly served you lunch food?” Ali said, mock horror scrawled across her face, “I hope yours was good, or I’m sorry to break it to you, but your aunt didn’t like you much.” she joked.

Luca laughed and replied, “No no, She was a chef. She worked at a-.” He was interrupted by the sudden burst of laughter of Ali’s friends joining them at the table.

“Oh, hey guys.” Ali said smiling at her friends,” This is Luca, he’s new.”

“I can tell,”, Brooklyn said, “because with eyes like those, I would’ve remembered seeing you around.” She finished, swooning at his gorgeous eyes.

“They are really pretty.” Hayden agreed.

“I guess they’re all right.” Brett grudgingly agreed, glancing at Hayden looking like he didn’t approve of her gazing at the new guy's eyes. Ali could tell that Hayden didn't like Luca and was only admiring the uniqueness of his eyes, nonetheless, the jealousy in Brett's eyes was evident. He quickly shook his head as if he were clearing his thoughts and snapped back into reality.

Luca thanked them, and with a nervous chuckle went back to eating his lunch.

Ali introduced him to all of her friends, pointing each of them out, and telling him a little bit about each of them.

“This is Hayden, she’s kindof quiet, but she has a killer sense of style and when it’s required isn't afraid to speak her mind.”

“Yeah, hi.” Hayden mumbled, with a soft smile and a wave in Luca's direction.

“This is Brooklyn, Brooke for short. She’s our makeup guru-“

“Your. Makeup guru, I don’t wear makeup. At. All.” Brett interrupted.

“But there was that one time-“, Brooklyn started.

“Shutup! There wasn’t!” Brett said, with an air of finality in his voice.

“You’ll hear about it later.” Brooklyn said, looking at Luca with a glint of mischievousness in her eyes.

“No-“

“As I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted.” Ali said, shooting a glare at Brett, cutting him off before he could steer the conversation even more off track. “She’s our makeup guru, butunlike Hayden, has never had a problem talking.” That statement earned her an elbow in the ribs from her best friend.