In a Flash

A/N: Another extract from the latest chapter!! Hmm I've been thinking of uploading the the full chapters of chapter 4-6 here, maybe a next week or a month later. As for the rest of the chapters...perhaps next year...? eep. Thank you for reading!

*

You know, I've always thought Blake had the courtesy of common sense and could technically act as the substitute to my generally non-existent rationality but apparently, no. We were both stupid enough to jump onto the roller coaster ride with most twists and turns when neither of us were the type to ride anything wilder than a honeypot.

"Okay, you know what?" I was the first to say something after we climbed onto the ride and lowered the harness that was above our heads. It clicked in place.

"What."

"I'm starting to think that this is a bad idea."

This, I realized when we were the only ones on the ride itself and the safety instructor focused all her attention on us as though it had been a million years since someone actually came to take this ride. Blake rolled his eyes.

"You sound like you're in a movie. Or some lame-ass novel with a misplaced genre," he said with a smirk. In contrast however, I spotted the vice-like grip he had on the supports and instantly felt sorry for him.

"Okay but do you have anything else to say besides establishing that I'm a very cliched protagonist?" I prompted when the ride started with an ominous and unnerving jerk.

The image of us flying off track surfaced at the back of my mind and judging by the blood that'd drained from Blake's face, I assumed we shared similar sentiments.

"I never said you were cliched."

"It was implied in your statement, Mr. Mason."

I know, I know—it's definitely not the time for cute playful banter but you know, I'm at my wit's end and I guess it wouldn't hurt to have actually flirted with Blake once in my lifetime since I'm always failing tremendously at it.

The ride rose to a point that was dangerously high, allowing us a spectacular view of the park before we said our final words. It even paused for a couple of seconds! How convenient!

Blake opened his mouth to say something, which I assumed were his last words. The kind that people want to have carved on their graves? You know. A quote.

"ARE YOU FLIRTING WITH ME?"

Weird thing to write on one's grave but—

"HAVE BEEN FOR THE PAST MILLENIUM??"

No, wait.

Don't write that on my grave please.