I just wanted to curl into a ball and cry. My jaw was aching from clenching it so hard. My gaze was zoned out on the white wall in front of me. I vaguely heard a woman's voice beside me.

"Why don't you try and get some sleep?"

She gently pushed my shoulders onto the bed and I felt my head land on the soft pillow. My eyes drifted closed and I pretended to sleep until I heard the door close, signaling the nurse had left. I sat up and grabbed my phone. I noticed 76 unread messages and 31 missed calls. All from Kayden. I sighed. I didn't bother listening to the voicemails and the majority of the messages were along the lines of asking where I was and what had happened and was I okay. I sent him a quick text.

I'm fine. Sorry I had to ditch. The hospital called. My mom overdosed. She's dead. Possible suicide.

It shocked me how simple it all was and yet how much it changed everything.

His text back was almost instantaneous.

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! Do you need me to come over?

I'm actually spending the night in the hospital. I'm not sure what's going to happen next.

They're not going to put you in an orphanage are they?

I don't know. They talked about finding my dad.

Wow. That's intense. Do you want to find him?

Honestly I'm not sure. I want someone that's going to be there for me ya know? Not a dead beat.

I getcha. I hope it all works out. Keep me updated!

I will.

With that I slowly let myself drift into a dreamless sleep.

I slowly woke up, but kept my eyes closed as I heard hushed whispers in my room.

"You're absolutely positive?"

"It's what the birth certificate says and the blood test came back with a 97% confirmation."

"Oh goodness. And we have to give her to him don't we? Have you already called the police?"

"Yeah. They said they'd be here in half an hour. Are you going to let her know?"

"I'll wait until the police get here. That way if we have any problems, they can assist."

I heard footsteps come closer and felt a hand gently shake my shoulder.

"April. April wake up." She said softly.

I let my eyes flutter open and I sat up.

"What's up?" My voice slurred with sleep.

"What kind of cereal do you like?" She asked with a soft smile.

"Lucky charms. But no milk."

She nodded and left the room.

I picked up my phone and tried to call Kayden but he didn't answer. Weird. He usually answers.

I looked up as the nurse entered with a bowl of lucky charms. I gave her a small smile as she placed it in front of me.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome sweetie. Let me know if you need anything else." She said and then left.

I nodded and began eating the cereal. The proper way. Where you eat all the cereal and save the marshmallows for last. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating. I was quickly finished. I heard the door squeak open and assumed it was the nurse. However when I looked up I couldn't help but grin at who I saw.

Kayden.

"Hey April." He looked at the empty bowl. "Let me guess. Lucky charms, no milk, and you saved the marshmallows for last?"

A gave him a soft smile.

"Hey there's no other way to eat cereal. What are you doing here?"

"You had a rough night. Figured you could use some company."

"You're missing school for me?"

He sat down on the bed next to me, took my hands in his, and looked me dead in the eyes.

"I would miss the Super Bowl for you." The look on my face was all he needed before he pulled me into a hug. "I'm going to be here for you. No matter what. Okay?"

I nodded my head and buried it in his chest. His chin rested on top of my head and we stayed that way until the nurse came in about 10 minutes later. She cleared her throat, causing me to sit up. However I still let myself lean on Kayden and he didn't move.

"Did you find out who my dad is?"

She froze. She knew.

"Um. We ran the blood tests and checked your birth certificate. The results matched."

Why wasn't she telling me who it was?

"Who is it?"

"Well that's the complicated part."

"Is he dead?"

"Well no."

"Is he the president?"

"He acts like it." She mumbled.

"Then what's complicated? Just tell me." She sent a glance towards Kayden. "It's fine. He can know."

"Your dad is..." she took a deep breath. "Tony Stark."