Part 1

"John! How many times do I have to tell you?" Sherlock said as John handed him an apple. "I don't eat apples!"

"Why not?" John was curious.

Sherlock looked down, a little disappointed. "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Sherlock murmured it under his breath, but then looked John in the eye. "That's why, John!"

"Wait... Sherlock you have to speak up." John felt sorry for Sherlock. John didn't know what was wrong but he had been acting strange lately.

Sherlock sighed. "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Sherlock said it a little louder this time. "And John you simply must not go away." Sherlock felt a little embarrassed, assuming John would find out about his feelings for John. They were not under his control. Every thing that John did now just made Sherlock like him more but Sherlock did not want to ruin their friend ship so this was very hard for him. He did not want it to come to the point of love. But he did at the same time.

"Sherlock! How's that supposed to make any sense!" John was very confused. He was not mistaken at all about Sherlock acting weird. "What's gotten into you, Sherlock?"

Sherlock looked away. "Oh nothing really." Sherlock smirked but made sure John couldn't see it. After this Sherlock got up and walked to his bedroom. John was left to stare at an empty chair.

Sherlock stared at the wall and entered his mind palace.

Sherlock had many things on his mind like when will he ever get another case to solve or where was his brother and why hadn't he been bugging John like he normally was. But one thing was on his mind that was bugging him, badly. John. Sherlock could never get his mind off him lately and it was frustrating because if he wanted to think about something else he could never focus, John kept popping up in his mind when he didn't even want it there most of the time. But now was his time to focus only on him. The words began ringing through his head "I'm not gay!" these were John's words. John will never love me back, never, Sherlock thought and was very certain of this but a small portion of him told him no John will love you back one day he will come to his senses but Sherlock didn't believe it. a tear slipped out of Sherlock's eye and fell to the floor.

John sat back in his chair and thought as well but he did not have a mind palace like Sherlock did.

Sherlock. Did he? No. John couldn't see Sherlock doing that sort of thing. He's not like that. But what if he did? Like John? Well if Sherlock did, John definitely wouldn't like him back.

"I'm not gay." John mumbled he decided to get up and knock on Sherlock's door to see if he was alright. John also had the temptation to ask Sherlock if he liked John.

Knock knock.

No answer.

Knock knock. "Sherlock? Are you ok in there?"

No answer.

This time John banged on the door. "Sherlock! Open the door!" John yelled and suddenly the door opened.

Sherlock stood behind the door, his eyes were red, "Sherlock? Were you... crying?" John's eyes widened and he looked at the floor. He felt bad for Sherlock.

"I'm fine. You may leave me." Sherlock really wanted more alone time.

"We should to talk, Sherlock." John told him.

Sherlock sighed not expressing his true feelings about this. "Come on in." Perfect! Sherlock thought, maybe now I can tell him how I feel. But I also want to keep it to myself. Sherlock had such mixed feelings about this.

John twiddled his thumbs and sat down on Sherlock's bed. Because of his thumb twiddling this gave Sherlock the idea that John was nervous, so maybe John liked him back? But no, why would he?

"Things on my mind, I guess. Things I've been observing."

"Like what?"

"A lot of stuff."

"A little more specific."

"Nothing specific really", Sherlock wasn't taking his chance. "Lot's of random things."

"Oh, well it doesn't look like I'm making much of a difference, so I guess I'll leave."

John stood up, but Sherlock pulled him right back down by the arm.

"No, you are, please stay." Sherlock pleaded eagerly.

"Alright." John really wanted to leave since this was getting awkward.

"John, I need to ask you something." Here goes nothing Sherlock thought.

"What is it?'

"Do you like me, John?"

"Well... uh..." Did he like Sherlock? He thought about it for a second and realized a small bit of him did like him. Or did it he couldn't even tell anymore but he could tell deep down there was something. "No, Sherlock. I'm straight. You should know this by now." John lied even though parts of him wanted it to be true.

"Oh..." Sherlock looked very disappointed and he let his head hang.

"I'm very sorry to disappoint you, Sherlock." Why was John lying like this? This wasn't like John at all. "I guess I'll leave now?"

"Yes."

John left Sherlock alone to do all the sobbing he wanted.

"John! you idiot!" John began talking to himself. "Why did you lie to him?! Your own best friend!!" John was very disappointed in himself.

I guess I don't love him enough yet, John assumed.