Chapter 12. Periods and tea

Start from the beginning

Who said girls only wear dresses?
I slipped into my shoes and went downstairs. "Harry, you seem pale? Should I send them away?" Father asked and I shook my head.
"It's okay Father. I will survive." 

Neville and I arrived down in the living room and he put up the hood of his cloak. We had moved the coffee table to the centre of the room, and placed quite some couches around it, so that everyone was able to sit down. 

Some men had already taken their seats and stood up when I entered the room

"Hello Harry." I told all my suitors to call me Harry, they were all potential husbands, so to make them call me Lord seemed strange to me.
"Hello to all of you. Let's sit down and talk." I said to them and flopped down in one of the seats, so no one could sit near me.
Neville stood in the corner of the room, while I tried starting a conversation and poured myself some tea. 

"Well, what are your opinions on house elves?" I asked and stirred my drink. A young man, wearing dress pants and shirt but no tie or jacket answered me.
"I think they are a good member of the magical world, we can't all be dominant creatures, we need submissive ones too. I understand, that for a household as big as yours, one doesn't suffice, and there aren't too many of them around, but breeding farms for house elves aren't the solution."
I nodded, he would definitely stay in my suitors list.
"I don't agree. House-elves are forced in this role, to serve their masters like slaves. I think we should free them, we are a modern society, we should know better than maintain slavery." a man in his mid-twenties said. 

He wore some jeans and a red T-Shirt, and I had noticed his rather muggle-born opinions. I had let it slide until now, but I needed my mate to have the same political tendencies like me.
The man after him simply agreed with the first one. 

I would have to keep an eye on him. Maybe he agreed because it was his opinion, or he didn't have one, or read my reactions and acted accordingly.
We had a nice talk about creatures, about the OotP, and blood-purity. I had to eliminate 5 suitors for not knowing the origins of most pure-blood families and their high-holding of their creature-inheritance.
I poured myself another cup of exotic tea and drank it, just to spit it out immediately. "Is something, Harry?" Someone asked. 

"No, the tea is just... salty." I said and looked at the pinkish drink. 

"It is called Suutei Tsai, it is a traditional Mongolian beverage

"It is called Suutei Tsai, it is a traditional Mongolian beverage. I should have warned you, I wasn't aware someone took a cup from the teapot."
A man a little farther away from me said.

"No, it is fine, I was just surprised. How did you get it?" I asked.
"My parents are from Mongolia, and it is a drink I grew up with." he said and when I looked at him, I was able to identify him as an Asian man.
Even when I didn't like the tea, he had definitely accomplished the task of this month. 

He had made himself stand out if the group, and he was aware of his origins and kept in touch with his culture's traditions, instead of giving them up for the sake of fitting in.
I gave the cup to Knuckly when nobody looked, I just wasn't able to get it down! 

Even when the meeting was nice, I was still cramping and my bladder started to fill with the amount of tea I drunk today, and I was happy when Father sent them all away.
I gave each of them a letter and sent them out of the door. I had exactly two stacks of letters, one said: "You were eliminated, best wishes for your next courting" and the other had a quiz over myself in it, and the letter would open itself at the 1 December, not earlier. 

This test would for
1. make sure they had conversations with me, over letters or after death-eater meetings.
2. Test their intelligence, some questions they would have to figure out themselves. I hoped this test wouldn't eliminate too many suitors, and that my cramps would stop soon.

A/N I am so happy about your comments, it always makes my day! My last story (Rebels, it is written in German) has like three of them and nobody read it, what made me sad and I thought I was a bad writer, but when people said they like my story and I inspire them, I feel like this story has a value to exist!

MeineKeime