𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

I didn't work this morning so I started cleaning up around the apartment a bit. Sam would be coming later and I didn't want my place to look like complete crap. I refused to turn the Tv on so I put music on instead. 

I washed dishes, I swept, and dusted. There was still dust around from when the guys kidnapped me. The dusting really improved the way my apartment looked. It didn't look abandoned anymore.

I found myself on the couch with nothing to do. I played some video games but got bored quickly. I was able to convince myself to watch Tv as long as I avoided the news. For some reason, everything I did just felt boring or lonely.

I got up and went to take a shower. I needed something to do and Sam wouldn't be here for another few hours. While in the shower, I thought I heard guitar playing. My mind must have been playing tricks because there was no one there when I got out.

I changed into a t-shirt and some leggings. I dried my hair as best as I could with the towel and just combed it. 

I went back to the living room and made myself some food. I was seriously having difficulty finding what to do to waste time. 

I looked at the Tv and saw that it was off. I didn't turn it off... My mind is just playing tricks on me again. I must've forgotten.

I decided I was going to go down to the lobby to check if I had any mail. I grabbed my keys and put my slippers on. I opened the door and when I stepped out, I tripped over something big. I almost lost my balance but I was able to find my footing. 

There was a big duffel bag just lying there. I reached down to open it but before I could, my phone rang. I checked to see who it was and it was Sam. I answered.

"Hello?"

"(Y/n), was there a bag at your door?" She sounded jittery.

"Yeah, why?"

"Why?! Have you looked inside?!" She almost busted my eardrum from yelling in the phone.

"Not yet. I was about to but then you called," I explained. "What's in it?"

"Open it and find out!" Sam yelled some more. "I'm headed over there, now!"

Sam hung up before I could say anything. I dragged the heavy bag inside the apartment.

I still went downstairs to check if I had mail. It was all junk and a weird piece of paper with a simple drawing of an owl. I didn't think much of it and threw it away.

When I got back to my apartment, I threw the mail away and went over to the bag. I stared at it for a few minutes before opening it. My jaw dropped as I saw what was inside. It was a ton of cash! I knew it had to be from those stupid boys that I learned not to hate. I wanted to refuse and give it back but how could I? Actually, when did they leave it? It wasn't there when I came home late last night and they were announced dead on the news.

There was a note inside.

• • •

'Hey, (Y/n). This is a gift from us as an apology. We all felt guilty about how we left things. I know you probably don't want to accept it but that's too bad. There's still another surprise but it'll have to wait still. 

Vanoss~

• • •

I didn't know what to think. I didn't want to give myself false hope, either. "They're not alive," I kept telling myself. But how else did the money get there? 

I waited for Sam to arrive. When she did, she was basically in tears. She looked like she had just seen a ghost. I ignored the topic about the money and decided to comfort her instead. 

We binged watched stupid movies we could find on Netflix and ate all types of stuff we probably shouldn't eat. Sam eventually fell asleep and I didn't want to disturb her so I covered her in a blanket. 

I went upstairs to my room. The view of the city was beautiful. Especially, during night. All the city lights come on and the city quiets down. 

I felt tired. Drained was a better way of describing it. I went to bed. The bad part was that I couldn't actually fall asleep. No matter how tired I was, I couldn't drift off into the comfort of my black abyss. I tossed and turned but I had no luck. 

I gave up and sat up in bed. I knew I was most likely not going to sleep tonight so I started making my way back down. I froze when I heard something downstairs. Sam was sleeping and she had a hard time getting up.

So then, who the hell was in my apartment?

• • •

a/n

i am soooooo sorry for the long delay! my summer ended up consisting of essays and charts for my honors classes. who gives work during summer?!

anyways, thank you guys for waiting patiently! updates might be slow since school started for me yesterday so I apologize in advance! also, thanks for the awesome support and the votes and your comments that I enjoy reading even if I don't reply all the time!

love you, guys!!!! <33

*