𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

I was crouched down next to Delirious. He was groaning in pain. I unzipped his sweater and pulled his shirt up over the wound. I took the bandage off and examined the wound. There were noticeable red streaks around the area.

"Haven't you guys been keeping an eye on his wound?" I asked. The guys just looked around at each other. "Who's been changing his bandages?" The guys were silent. "Any of you?" I was starting to sound desperate.

"He changed his own bandages. He didn't want any of us to help him," Mini said. I sighed.

"What an idiot... Delirious, do you have a fever?" I asked. He was breathing hard. I reached for his mask but he grabbed my wrist. "I need to know if you have a fever." There were sweat beads forming in his hair. "If you do, you need to take your mask off." He shook his head. His blue eyes were looking at me desperately. They reminded me of Sam's eyes. They were the same shade of icy blue.

"What are you going to do?" Terroriser asked.

"All I can do is clean it but he needs antibiotics and I'm pretty sure you don't have any here," I said. "If it gets worse, you're gonna have to take him to the hospital." The guys were silent.

"That's too risky..." Vanoss said quietly. "There's gotta be something else you can do," Vanoss said. I shook my head.

"He needs the medicine," I said.

"Alright, fine. Put your shoes on," Vanoss said as he walked out the room. I was a little shocked but I quickly ran to my room and but on a black pair of shoes and grabbed a simple black sweater and put it on. I quickly made my way to the living room where Vanoss was waiting for me. He had put his mask back on. "Hurry up," he said sternly.

"Hold on," I quickly said. I ran back into the meeting room. "You guys, while I'm gone, get his mask off and put a damp cloth on his forehead. Make sure the water is cool." They nodded. I went back into the hallway but David called me. We were alone in the hallway.

"This is your chance to show him he could trust you," he said. I just stared at him. "While you're out, don't run away from him and just listen to his orders. Now, go before he gets mad." I nodded and went back to Vanoss.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me into the elevator. We went down into the garage. He dragged me to his black and yellow armored car. He opened the passenger side door and pushed me inside. He went over to the driver side and got in. I put my seatbelt on. Vanoss turned the car on making it roar to life. He quickly drove out of the garage.

"Are we getting the medicine?" I asked. Vanoss nodded. He drove like a madman down to the hospital where I worked at. I was grabbing onto anything I could hold onto to keep from moving all over the place. We made it in about 10 minutes.

He got out the car and I followed behind him. He walked through the main entrance of the hospital and looked around. I stopped next to him. It wasn't that busy or chaotic since it wasn't that late yet. There were no doctors or nurses around. Just the receptionist that I never really talked to before.

"I'll follow you," he bended down a little to whisper in my ear. I nodded and walked towards the elevator. He followed behind me. I pressed the button to go to the 3rd floor. "Put your hood on," Vanoss ordered me. I sighed and pulled my hood over my head.

The elevator door opened and I walked down the long hallway while doctors walked past us without looking up from their clipboards. I walked into the medicine room and no one noticed. I looked around making sure no one was in the room.

"Doctors here are really focused on their jobs, aren't they?" Vanoss commented.

"Yeah, there's not really much time for anything else," I said and went to the 'T' section and started looking for Tobramycin. It was a mess. Most of the medicine wasn't where it was supposed to be. "Jeez, doctors are such a mess..." I commented as I kept looking for the medicine.

After searching for a while and finding nothing, someone entered the room. I grabbed onto Vanoss's jacket and pulled him to hide behind a counter. I peeked over to see who it was. It was one of my coworkers, Lily, and she was with one of the newer nurses, Cory. I gasped and Vanoss quickly grabbed my shoulders, pulling me into him. I felt his chest on my back as we fell silently in a sitting position.

I usually spent most my time with her during lunch break. I looked at Vanoss who had taken out his pistol. I put my hand on his wrist and shook my head.

"I'll look for the beta-blocker. You look for the opiate." Lily said. They started looking around trying to find the medication.

"Why do these doctors have to be such slobs?" Cory asked irritatingly while searching. After a moment of silence, Cory spoke up again. "Lily, I noticed you've been pretty down lately. I was wondering if it had anything to do with (Y/n)." My eyes widened and my mouth opened a little as Lily sighed.

"I'm just worried about her. It's not like her to just skip work. I guess I just have a bad feeling something happened to her..." Lily said.

"I'm sure she's fine," Cory said giving her a small smile.

"You're probably right." Cory moved towards the counter we were hiding behind. My breathing got harder. Vanoss put his hand over my mouth to quiet me down. 'He's gonna find us,' I thought to myself. He searched the counter even more and as he was about to go to the other side, where we were...

"Oh, here it is," Cory said as he picked up the opiate.

"I got the the beta-blocker," Lily said. Cory nodded and they left the room.

We both relaxed and Vanoss took his hand off my mouth. I took a deep breathe realizing I was practically holding my breathe. I sighed and realized Vanoss had his arm draped around my shoulders and I was leaning my back on his chest and his legs were pretty much cradling me. I felt heat rising up into my cheeks. I cleared my throat and he realized what he was doing. He quickly let go.

"Sorry..." he said awkwardly. I fought down the blush that was rising in my cheeks and got up to continue searching for the medicine.

I finally found it and picked up a few needles before we left the room. We were careful, trying not to attract attention. We quickly walked back down the hallway to the elevator. We got in the elevator and I relaxed a little. When the door opened, there was a security guard standing there. He looked at us suspiciously.

"What are you guys doing here? And why are you wearing a mask?" The security guard asked.

"Run!" Vanoss shouted as he grabbed my hand and dragged me outside to the parking lot.

"Hey! Stop right there!" The security guard shouted. We didn't stop running.

The guard couldn't keep up with us so we were able to lose him in the big parking lot. I was out of breathe and panting so we slowed down. Vanoss didn't seem at all tired after running. We started speed walking to the car so we didn't run into the guard again. Vanoss was still holding onto my hand. He didn't let go until we arrived at the car. We stood there as I was getting my breath back. We looked at each other and we both started laughing.

"I've never done anything like that before," I said through giggles. "That was kind of fun even though it was nerve wracking."

"It's the adrenaline. It makes you feel pumped up," he said as he jumped a little. I couldn't really tell but I think he was smiling under his mask. "Come on. We have to get the medicine to Delirious."

We got in the car and, once again, Vanoss drove like a maniac to the apartment.

*