𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

It's been about a month since I've last seen the guys. Even David, who I used to see every weekend for tea and to play some music. My life has gone back to normal. After I completely healed, I went back to work at the hospital. It keeps me busy and helps keep my mind off the guys.

Sam visits me frequently like how she used to. She also hasn't had contact with them.

I was at work. My 12-hour shift was almost over and I was ready to go home. My coworker, Lily bombarded me with questions making sure I was okay every time she had the chance.

When my shift was over, I said my good-byes and Lily offered to walk me to my car. She didn't take no for an answer so it wasn't exactly an offer.

I started thinking back to when I had that odd feeling while I was walking to my car and how I just brushed it off. I sighed.

Lily looked at me with worry. "You okay?" She asked

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied. Lily still seemed worried but she didn't ask anything else.

I got in my car and I started driving home. There wasn't any traffic anywhere and the streets were lonely. It was a quiet drive.

I got home to my apartment. I walked and it didn't have that same "home" feeling it used to have. I sometimes hoped I would see a man with a leather jacket and an owl mask standing there. That didn't happen, though.

As much as I was tired, I didn't feel sleepy. I changed out of my uniform and put a t-shirt and sweatpants on. I turned the Tv in the living room and watched the 11:00 o'clock news.

"The Vanoss Crew found dead."

I sat there frozen with the remote in my hand, shaking. "What?" I asked quietly.

"All of their vehicles were found destroyed and on fire. Bodies were found inside and were confirmed to be all nine gang members of the Vanoss crew."

"Yes, they were the top notorious gang in the city. They were able to get away every time but it looks like another gang was able to overcome them."

"Looks now like the city will be considerably safer. They suffered the consequences of their actions..."

I turned the Tv off and went upstairs to bed. The city felt so quiet. It felt lonely. I thought back to my kiss with Evan. I had hoped that maybe one day I would see him again. Maybe we could've been...

It didn't matter anymore. I was never going to see any of them anymore. I was never going to hear their laughs or their yelling. I was never going to see their bright smiles or their angry faces.

The thought of it made me cry into my pillow. I silently cried. I knew I should be hating them for everything they put me through but I only saw the light in their hearts. They may have been criminals but they had good sides, as well. I was lucky enough to see it.

I got a phone call. I checked who it was and it was Sam. I answered and I could hear her crying.

"(Y/n), did you see the news?" She asked through sniffles.

"Yeah... I'm so sorry about Jonathan..."

"No, no. It's fine. I'm kind of glad actually. He gets to be," Sam paused for a second, "free."

Free. She was right. They were free now. They didn't have to worry about protecting each other or killing.

"You're right, Sam," my voice trembled.

"Are you crying, too?" She asked.

"Um, yeah. After all, I got to know them a little," I explained.

I could hear her giggle in between her cries. "I'll see you tomorrow. We can binge watch movies and eat our feelings in ice cream or something."

"Yeah, sounds like a plan."

• • •

a/n

don't worry guys! the story isn't over yet! unfortunately, i do think it's coming to an end soon. i hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment, if you want!

 i hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment, if you want!

also, terroriser liked my tweet! i'm screaming inside!!!!!

*