3. Day 400

A/N: sorry this is so late :3 school is so meh :/ anyways, pic is of the Diner she works at..
Song of the Chapter: Magnets by Disclosure ft. Lorde.

**unedited

He's officially staying with me now.

We went to get the rest of his stuff from his mom's house. It wasn't much - it all fit in a duffel bag. I wanted us to go when his mom was there so I can let her know his knew living situation. I really like his mom, we actually got on well. He didn't want that though. I guess he planned it really well, his mom was out shopping or something.

He got his way in the end. He always does these days. Ugh.

When we got back to my flat he wanted to do that stupid thing where we 'christen' each room but I was too damn tired from the move plus I had work soon. He was being moody about it but I don't care. He'll live.

"Babe, do you really have to go?" It was getting late and I'd already gotten ready for work. I was just putting on my flats.

"I don't want to live on the streets." I sassed back. He pouted. God dammit why does he have to look like such a wounded puppy when he pouts?!

"Just stay for a few more minutes." He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me, pressing my back to his chest.

Well, it is still a bit early and it feels so damn good in his arms so...

I gave in.

***

I ended up being half an hour late for work. Boss let it slide since this was the first time I was late, and I told him I had an assignment due. The boss is an old Chinese man in his late 60s whose wife passed away a few years back so he's dedicated himself into running the diner that they owned.

He didn't have to know the real reason I was late was because of a certain someone. We just lay in bed making out for God knows how long. He wanted to go further but I knew if we did, I'd never make it to work.

Before I left to join the other girls, I saw boss peer down and I froze for a bit. I told that idiot not to leave any marks, he better have not tried anything. After he left, I made my way to the bathroom to see how bad the hickey was. I couldn't wait to get home to give him a piece of my mind. He knows I don't like that shit in visible places.

I gazed in the mirror, already thinking of the wonderful names I'd get to call him when I - oh.

Never mind.

There were no signs of anything on my neck. Just a bit of dirt on my uniform. I sighed. I really need to stop over thinking things.

As I was trying to remove the dirt - whatever the hell it is - off my uniform, I heard a sniffle. It was coming from one of the stalls. I glanced around to see if anyone else heard it. Looks like I was the only one in here besides her then.

"Is everything alright?" I asked. What can I say? I'm a kind person.

I was answered with the sound of the toilet flushing, and the door opening a couple of seconds later. Sarah McAdams. Looks like I wasn't the only one who was late. All it took was for me to see the pregnancy test in her hand and her red puffy eyes before it dawned on me.

She was 17. Still in High school, "My parents are gonna kill me." She chucked the test in the bin before going over to the sink to wash her face.

I went over to her and gave her a hug, "It'll be alright don't worry." Even I didn't believe it.

"Could you cover for me tonight? I don't think I can work in this state." Her voice was so hoarse.

"Only if you wait for me to finish. You can use a night out right now." I smiled at her.

"I can't drink remember." She looked at me like I was an idiot.

"You don't have to drink," I replied in a matter-of-fact voice. "And plus, once you've told your parents, you won't have a night out like this in a very long time." I was pushing her to go out. I could hear it in my voice.

She needed this. Just a night out to clear her head and to have a good time. I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't really using her as an excuse to go out. I wanted a night out with some friends before I settle in to this 'marriage' like arrangement with my boyfriend.

I could see the gears working in her head as she slowly opened up to the idea of going out, "But I'm not wearing anything good."

I looked at her outfit. She was wearing a knee length floral print dress with a pair black vans.

"That's good enough."

******

stay safe, babe.

I read the text again before turning my phone off and zoning back into what Sarah was saying. One of the others had asked if Ethan knew about the baby. Ethan was Sarah's boyfriend, a sweet kid who I thought like Sarah was the kind to wait till marriage but oh well.

I wanted to point out to the others that she had just found out that afternoon but Sarah was already answering the question.

"It's not Ethan's." Surprisingly enough, we could hear it over the drone of the music even though she had practically whispered those words.

"Immaculate conception?" I joked. Because really, this was Sarah McAdams. Being the new virgin Mary was more believable than the other option.

"There was this guy at a party and I had got into a fight with Ethan and well..." She let us do the math and our jaws dropped collectively. Wow. You think you know someone huh?!

*A/N: I wanted to add a pic of the dress Sarah wore but apparently you can only have one pic in the header :/ the link to the pic is in the 'external link' place if y'all want to see what she wore...
next update next week (hopefully :3)