Hold Me Tight, I'm Afraid I Won't Wake Up - CHAPTER 8

During the game, I sat between Corey and Kayla; Karley sat behind us with Chad and Jack was talking to the evil bitch, also known as Sarah. Sarah was about to follow him to sit down when she saw that he was sitting with us. She retreated back to her posy and snorted laughs while staring in my direction.

Konner played catcher, first base and pitcher. This game he started at first base which was right by the cheering section. He made two great plays and even picked off somebody during a rundown. I came to a realization that not only was my boyfriend a fantastic basketball player, but he was also a great baseball player.

"You're looking mad hot, first base!" I called onto the field.

A mother in the stands scowled. "Don't you have a boyfriend?" the mother snapped.

"Yeah," I said. "He's the first baseman." 

"That's my son. He's single and last time I checked, Ms. Denham, you were in a coma and dating Frankie - my son's best friend," she said.

WOW! Konner's mom was being a complete and total psycho. I don't know how his overbearing and controlling mother didn't recognize the fact that I had slept in her son's room. I know that Karley and Chad cleaned and kicked everybody else out after we went up to his room and done it. How did she not realize that I was sleeping in her son's bed with him?

"Nope," I said. "I'm with Konner."

And I left it at that. She will ask me nicely if she wants to know more. But I'm definitely not telling her "Hey lady! I did it your son after breaking up with his best friend!" That would go over great with his control freak mother. I thought, Oh God! I just insulted my boyfriend's mom in my head!

He turned and gave me two thumbs up before putting his glove on his hand. When he got up to bat the next inning, I had brought myself to the fence. Kayla and Karley were with me as Jack, Chad and Corey made small conversation.

"Come on Konner!" I cheered, shaking the fence. He looked at me, smiled and then stepped into the batter's box.

Konner made connection with the ball and hit it into right field, which seemed to go on forever. Then it hit the fence that separated the baseball field and the football field that was surrounded by the track. He slid into third base as the ball was thrown to third and he was safe. I jumped up and down with joy. "YAY!" I cheered, clapping my hands.

For the start of seventh inning, they put Konner on the pitcher's mound. The pitcher had become tired and they moved him to his alternate position, first base. He pitched great, but after he gave up a homerun with somebody on base, they took him out and made him catch as the catcher took the mound. The first catcher of the game also pitched.

The boys won the game 5-2 and Konner had a totally on game. If he didn't he probably would've been embarrassed considering that I was there. "Konner, ten of us bet that your mom has already tried to scare off Megan," my friend Ray Matthews, who was also my best friend Allison's old hook up buddy, said.

"Make it 10," another guy said.

"11," a different guy added.

"12," I heard Konner's voice say. "I have no doubt that my mom's tried to scare her. I think she did while Megan made that comment about me being mad hot."

"Wow I just upchucked in my mouth," Ray said. "Full of yourself much?"

"I'm not kidding! She yelled that I was mad hot onto the field!" Konner defended.

I laughed. They're so silly! I looked into the dugout through the fence and said, "So how much money are you guys betting? And who's paying the bet money."