Hold Me Tight, I'm Afraid I Won't Wake Up - CHAPTER 4

"Huh?" I asked Konner.

"I said, 'Will you be my girlfriend?'"Konner repeated himself.

"Yes," I said, hugging him. He picked me up and spun me. "You have to go to homeroom."

"I'll see you later Megan," Konner said.

"Bye Konner," I said.

I was going out with Konner Blakewood! Konner was my blonde haired and green eyed best friend that I met during freshman year. It was nearing the end of my junior year and I couldn't wait for the summer to start. It was the first day of May 2011. It was a stupid ass Monday. I hate Mondays! Mondays seem to drag on and on forever - especially when you just come back to school because you were in a coma.

"Hey look," one of Sarah's minions, Denise, said. "It's sleeping beauty. Slip back into a coma."

Another minion names Nancy laughed. "It is Coma Girl!"

I guess I have a new nickname? I hate them. Denise was maybe the fakest girl in the school. She sat right below Sarah at the top of the fake list. Every year a few guys on the yearbook get together and grade the people in each class. I couldn't wait to see who was voted the best girl in my junior class. Last year it was Karley and the year before, Sarah had done a slutty thing to win. She kind of gave the guy who rated the chicks an abbreviated two letter. Yeah, she's a ho, but what else can I say?

"Hey look," I said "you're breaking out all over!"

Nancy started freaking and saying, "OH MY GOD!"

"Pansy ass," I muttered making my friend Kayla Simons laugh. Kayla was a tall brunette with light brown eyes. She dated the schools biggest player during freshman year just because she wanted to show him what it's like to be played. She wanted to teach him a lesson because she thought that teaching one of us a lesson would make the players see that players don't get anywhere in life. I wish I could understand why boys play girls. It's just so stupid! She did play him successfully, though. And he was pretty broken when she dumped him faster than Road Runner High Speed Internet.

"Tomboy," Nancy snarled.

"I'm not a tomboy at all," I said, "I'm just not a whiney little piece of crap like you are. You really should just put yourself out of the misery and go jump off the top of the school!"

"Well I think that you should go drive your car in the pouring rain and get into a car accident - wait! You can't do that because you totaled your car in the accident that almost took your life!" Nancy replied. She giggled. I'll admit: that burned a bit.

"Seriously," I said. "Just give up! I hope you saw what I already did to Sarah. I think you get a discount after your fifth nose job, so she probably won't have to pay that much." I sighed and laughed.

I put my head down in homeroom hoping for a peaceful sleep. My sleep was painful and I woke up sweating. I was still in my table in my homeroom class. This time I saw another specific thing to remember about the drunken man whose car hit mine. He had a nametag on. It was an employee nametag to Good Ole' Patty's Tavern. He worked at a tavern. Go figure... a drunk working at some type of bar!

I woke up and hit my head as I through myself back into the wall that was next to my chair.

"Megan, are you okay?" asked Kayla. Kayla had a look of worry for me spread out across her face. Her eyes felt my pain and I started to wonder if she ever had a bad accident.

"No," I said, "but no one told me that going back to where I was before the accident would be easy." I stared down at my crossed legs. One was shaking and then I wiped my face out of instinct. I felt the moisture on my face. I must've been crying. Damn it!