7

Tryouts had past and I was done working with Harry for the summer. I hadn't seen him since tryouts and every time we found time alone together, someone would come interrupt within seconds. We would get so close to doing something, but it never happens. I guess it's the universe telling me that we shouldn't.

"Rylee, we have two classes together." Kourtney says from the living room while I bathe Jaxon. "English and History, which are the two most boring classes ever. Good thing we have it together." she just keeps talking.

I groan, lifting Jaxon out of the tub and wrapped a towel over him. There was a knock on the door and I assumed Kourtney would get it, but the knocking appears again. I exit the bathroom to see Kourtney just sitting on the couch, staring at her laptop while she ate some chips.

"Were you going to get that?" I say, trailing over to the door.

"Oh sorry, I was really zoned out." she says then laughs, stuffing more chips into her mouth.

I roll my eyes, swinging the door open and Harry stood there with a smile. I gasp, looking down at my outfit which was wet from taking Jaxon a bath and my hair was everywhere.

"H-harry, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I wanted to ask you a favor." he says, stepping forward. "Can I come in?"

I move aside to let him in and he laughs when he sees Kourtney on the couch.

"Coach?" Kourtney gasp, taking her feet off the coffee table and cleaned herself up a bit. "I didn't know you were coming over."

"Sorry, I tried calling and texting, but there was no answer and I need an answer before tonight." he says, turning to me when I was fixing my hair. "The varsity girls are having their first game tonight and I thought it would be nice to have one of their trainers there for support."

"Tonight?" I ask, looking at Kourtney over his shoulder. "We sort of had plans-"

"We can go and support our team." Kourtney interrupts. "Yeah, I think it'll be a nice change to be in the bleachers to watch."

"So that's a yes from you too?" Harry asks me with a begging smile. I nod and smile back at him. "Great, thank you." he breathes out, pulling me into a hug. "The girls will be happy to see two of their former teammate's faces."

I keep my arms wrapped around Harry and lightly squeeze into the hug. I could smell his usual scent which was fresh and brought back so many memories.

"Uh, I agreed to go too, so do I get a hug?" Kourtney speaks up and we immediately pull away. "It doesn't have to be as long as yours." she laughs out when Harry hugs her as well.

Harry pulls away and we all just stand here. It felt awkward until Jaxon comes running out fully naked. He wraps his arms around Harry's leg then jumps to me.

"I can see he's not shy anymore." Harry chuckles, patting Jaxon's back after I pick him up. "I should head out now, but I'll see you later." he says, looking down at me with a grin.

I nod, blushing a bit. "Yeah, see you later."

"I'll see you later too." Kourtney jumps in before he shuts the door behind him. "Well damn," she crosses her arms and smirks at me. "Who knew Rylee Eversteen would be hooking up with the volleyball coach?"

I gasp, looking at her with widened eyes. "We are- I'm not- it's– I'm not hooking up with anyone, okay?" I say, pushing past her.

"Yeah right," she scoffs. "Oh, I'll see you later– yeah, see you later." she mocks us then laughs loudly. "You might as well have torn each other's clothes off right then and there."