23

"Greg, the uber will be here soon." I tell him through the bathroom door as I looked at myself in the mirror to fix my makeup. "I can't be late for this rehearsal dinner or the maid of honor will kill me."

The bathroom door swings open and steam comes out along with Greg. A towel hung lowly around his waist and his body glistened.

"Okay honey," he jokes.

"You've been in the shower this whole time?" I gasp. "The uber is going to be here soon!"

"I heard you the first time, Rylee." he chuckles, taking his outfit out the wardrobe closet. "Why are you in such a hurry?"

"I told you." I turn back to the mirror and he looks at me through it. "The maid of honor wants everyone in the wedding to be on time."

Greg shakes his head, putting his outfit on. "No, I've met Abby just enough times to know she's not that type of person."

"So you've gone through high school with Abby? Did you spend every morning workouts and practice with her?" I cross my arms, walking up to him. "There's no way you know what type of person Abby is with the amount of time you've been here."

"Rylee," Greg smirks, crossing his arms as well then he glanced down. "How'd you get that ring because I thought I lost it."

"You thought you lost it and you weren't going to tell me?" I raise my eyebrows and he shrugs, staring me down. "It was just there the next morning of the bachelorette party. I- I couldn't have just left it there."

"Yeah? What happened that night anyways? We were talking then you just hung up on me." he reminds me even though I already remembered. "Or were you too drunk to remember?"

I shake my head, biting my lip. "I was drunk, but I remember bits and pieces."

"Like what?"

"Like arguing with Harry." I shrug. "Then we ended up in Kourtney's guest bedroom."

"Wait what?"

"No, not like that." I knock down his assumption. "He took me there to go to bed and some things were said, but some things are questionable about what was said." my phone buzzes and I get a notification from the uber driver. "Time to go."

"I'm not ready." his eyes widen. "Let me fix my hair and I'll meet you out there in five."

"Greg!" I groan.

"Hey, at least it didn't take me two hours to get ready." he defends himself. "Now wait for me out in the car."

"Fine."

-

We pull up to a fancy hotel about twenty minutes outside of town. Many dressed up people make their way inside as we do. My arm stays attached to Greg's while we walk in. The groom and the bride stand at the entrance of the ballroom with their parents, greeting people. I pull away from Greg to hug the two and talk to them individually.

"I never thought I'd be coming to your dinner rehearsal for your wedding, Zayn." I lightly squeeze his arms. "I'm so happy you found someone who loves you just as much as you love them."

"Thank you, peaches." he smiles down at me.

Greg and I trail off into the crowd of guests after making small talk with the rest of them. I find Monique with her boyfriend that I've only met a few times.

"This is so crazy." she says, running up to me. "Kourtney is actually getting married."

"And to Zayn." I nod.