Chapter 1: Patrick freaking Kane

Taylor's POV

"Taylor wake up!" I heard a familiar voice and I feel jumping on my bed. I awaken and see Ashley jumping on my bed. "What the hell Ashley? It's.." I pause to look at my phone. "It's 6 AM! Do you mind?!" I exclaimed. "I'm sorry but if you wanna come with me to Nick's practice then I suggest you get your ass up!" she screamed. I immediately got up. I went to shower quick. I put my black Kane tshirt, put some jean shorts on, I put my black Old Navy flip flops on, went back into the bathroom, threw my hair into a high ponytail, supporting it with a Blackhawks headband. I put light makeup on and went into my room I grabbed my phone and Coach satchel then headed downstairs, where I found Ashley and Nick making out. I shook my head, silently laughing. They have been together for about 7 months now. They are such a cute couple. "Hey guys." I said, scaring the shit out of them. They fell to the ground. I started cracking up. "Taylor! What the hell?!" Ashley screamed. I bust out laughing. Ashley looked at me with a stern look. "Who wants Dunkin's?" I changed the subject. "I could go for Dunkin's." Nick said. "Yeah, that sounds good." Ashley replied.

BEFORE PRACTICE:

Basically the whole time waiting for practice to begin,my eyes were locked on Kaner, well that was up until Ashley nudged me. "In love there?" she asks with a laugh. "What? No." I said. "You're totally eyeballing him. I know he's your favorite but, I never knew you had the hots for him." she laughed. "Dude!" I smacked her arm. "Well." she said. "Hey I'm going to the bathroom." I said. "I'm gonna go too before the practice starts." Ashley stated.

Nick's POV

We were practicing and I kinda got distracted by Ashley. She's so beautiful. "Whoa, Nick, distracted by your girl?" I felt Kane's hand slap my back. "Yeaaahhh." I said in awe. "Haha. Whoa! Who's miss sexy next to her?" he asked. "No,not her, the other one." he responded. "Oh that's Ashley's roommate Taylor."

Kane's POV

"She's hot." I said. "Maybe you get to meet her, she's coming to the locker rooms with Ashley after practice." he winked.

Taylor's POV

 Ashley and I were watching them practice, I saw Kaner and Schmaltz look over here. He smirked with his million dollar smirk. He started dribbling a puck lining it up with what I thought was Raanta's net but it wasn't. It was Jonathan. Patrick shot it and it hit Johnny right in the ass. Ashley and I started cracking up.

Practice soon ended. "Hey Taylor, I have a surprise for you." Ashley said. "What is it?" I asked. "Can't say. You gotta follow me." she replied. I groaned and got up.

Ashley kept her hands over my eyes until we got to where we were going.

She took her hands off my eyes and I realized we were in the Blackhawks locker room. I held my fangirl in, surprisingly I did, it was hard when Ashley first introduced me to Bollig.

TWO HOURS LATER

I have been talking to Kaner for about two hours in the locker room. "You seem interesting Taylor, I wanna get to know you better, do you wanna go out to dinner with me tonight?" Patrick asked. I nodded awkwardly but with a smile on my face. "Great! Text me your address okay?" he asked "I would but I don't know your number." I said with a laugh."Oh I knew I was forgetting something." he laughed. We exchanged numbers.

I left with Ashley and Nick.

I texted Patrick mine and Ashley's address. Nick dropped Ashley and I off.

"I saw you talking to Kaner today. How did that go?" Ashley asked. "Well we talked and he said I was interesting and wants to get to know me better so he's picking me up at 7 tonight and we are going out to dinner then I don't know what else." I said as calmly as possible. "Aww, I can see it now. Mrs. Taylor Marie Kane!" Ashley giggled. I rolled my eyes.

----------

Patrick texted me and told me to dress fancy but not too fancy. I went upstairs and I put my black skater dress on with flat sandals, and put makeup on. I went downstairs. "Wow, you look stunning!" Ashley said, shocked. "Thanks." I replied, sitting on the couch. "I never thought I would see you in a dress ever again since that one..." I cut her off. "You promised you would never bring that up again!" I said. "Sorry." she blushed. We talked for a while. It was about 2 minutes after 7. "Where is he?" I asked. "Don't worry, Taylor, he's probably running fashionably late because well, he's Kaner." she said with a laugh at the end. Right after she said that, there was a knock on the door. I opened it. Kaner was standing there with his million dollar smile on his face. "Wow you look beautiful!" he said, eyes wide. "Thanks." I blushed.

IN HIS CAR:

'He can't even bait a hook, he can't even skin a buck...' My phone rang. It was a text from my brother, Jaxson.

Jaxson: Hey could u babysit Jonathan and Andrew tomorrow night? I'm going out of town with some friends.

Me: Sure. What time?

Jaxson: Is 5:00 okay? Can they stay over too?

Me: Sure. I'm sure Ashley wouldn't mind.

Jaxson: Thanks!

Me: No problem.

"Ugh." I groaned. "Uh oh, that don't sound good. What's wrong?" Patrick asked. "It's nothing. I have to watch my twin nephews Jonathan and Andrew tomorrow night." I replied. "Oh. Which brother? You said you have five?" he asked. "I do have five and I have 3 sisters. That was Jaxson." I responded. "Oh I see." he said. "So, I was fourth born. It goes Julianna she's,36, Jaxson, he's 34, Zoey she's Jaxson's twin, Nathan, he's 30, Noah, he's 28, me, I'm 24, James, he's 21, Chase, he's 17 and Emma she's 12." I explained. "Wow you have a huge family." Patrick said, shocked. "Yeah I do, I also have 17 cousins,all boys." I responded. "Holy shit!" he exclaimed. "Yeah, I know, I kinda get them all confused." I laughed.