Chapter 78 Father and Son

Start from the beginning

“This man,” he pointed at Odan “, is the one who killed our beloved King, but now we have captured him and he’ll pay the consequences!”

The crowd cheered but Hidan.

The fat man turned to Odan “Do you have anything to say for yourself? Pray to spare your life?” he asked.

Odan glared at him from the corner of his eyes “I’ve lived long enough to see the world change. I’m not afraid to face death as I faced it hundreds of times,” he softly smirked towards the fat man “Unlike you who is a coward in battle.”

The fat man flushed and the cheering slightly ceased. Hidan smirked softly at his father’s comeback. The fat man then said loudly “Then I proclaim you,” he stabbed his fat finger towards Odan “, GUILTY!”

The crowd cheered once more.

Odan sighed heavily as the executer went behind him. “On your knees!” he demanded but he didn’t give Odan the opportunity to do so himself, instead he kicked the back of his knee that would force him to get on his knees.

Odan growled at the executioner in annoyance but pay more attention when he saw the executioner raising the Immortal Axe over Odan’s neck. Odan closed his eyes as he was embracing his fate. Just the executioner was going to strike; his weapon was suddenly hit by a black stake from the crowd.

“What the--!!” the executioner was cut off when he saw a local citizen standing before him and he soon summon up a large sword/scythe and cut the executioner in half. Odan’s eyes shot open when he felt warm blood on him so he turned to see what was happening.

“Who are you...?” asked Odan.

The citizen looked at him and said “What the f**k do you think I’m doing, old man?”

Odan’s eyes widened as he only knew one person who has a bad mouth and would call him ‘old man’. “Hidan...?”

Hidan finally dropped his disguise to reveal himself in the open “...hey dad.”

He was immediately interrupted when the fat man shouted, “That’s him!! Get them before they escape!!”

Soon they were surrounded by guards while the two Jashinists were back to back. “Any f**king ideas?” asked Hidan as he grabbed the metal bonds, he simply yet strongly tear it away from Odan’s hands so they were free. Odan cracked his knuckles and said back to his son.

“I’m not sure if I’m going to be in any use, I can’t use my Krystol with this choker still on.”

“Then we’re f**ked up,” said Hidan as he glanced at his father over his shoulder.

“I wonder who you got that damn trait of swearing from, I’ll never know.”

Hidan smirked as he blocked a guard’s attack and kicked him in the stomach “Please, I got it from you! I remember you f**king swear all the time!”

Odan moved to the side quickly and knocked the guard out as he grabbed his weapon. “Hmf, like father and son.”

Hidan smirked before he chopped a guard in half.

“Where’s your wife?” asked Odan as he high kicked a soldier’s head.

“She’s coming soon.”

“Heh?”

Soon they were covered by a large shadow. Everyone stopped to look up and saw a white cyborg dragon. “Syvolah, fry them!!” shouted Thanerah as she was on her back. The citizens screamed in panic and they immediately ran away as do most of the guards.

“Don’t tell me that’s your wife?” asked Odan as he stared up at her.

Hidan grinned widely “Yep, that’s my girl,” he said it proudly. Syvolah landed on the ground and it shook the earth as Syvolah shot her white flames at the guards.

Thanerah shot her head towards the two Jashinists “Get on!”

Odan was the first to get on and Hidan was going to but he hesitated. He stopped to look at the fat man who was on his knees while trying to cover himself, like a true coward. Hidan scoffed “Tch, wuss,” soon he grabbed the ring of keys from his belt then said to him “See ya, fat f**ker” then knocked him out with his foot.

“Hidan!!” shouted Thanerah with a hint of annoyance. Soon Hidan appeared beside her.

“All right, let’s go!”

Syvolah quickly flew into the air in one swift movement. “S-Stop them!!” shouted the fat man. Thanerah growled in annoyance as she glared at him over his shoulder.

“Syvolah, burn him!!” shouted Thanerah.

Syvolah quickly turned around to shoot her white flames towards the stage. As the flames were shot their screams were filling the air in agony. Afterwards Syvolah flew into the sky and they were flying towards the Mooda Town where the remaining Jashinists are still residing.

Hidan walked to his father who was looking at the Republic City until his son appeared beside him. “Hmm?” he arched a brow at Hidan. He brought the ring of keys up and immediately unlocked the choker.

Odan sighed softly in relief and threw it away into the sky. Hidan was going to throw the keys away but Odan grabbed his wrist before he could do so. “What the f**k, old man?”

“We may need these someday. You may never know,” Odan simply replied as he got into a small glaring contest with his son. It was a habit really, having a small glaring contest between father and son.

Hidan sighed heavily in defeat and put his hand down in defeat as Odan released him. “Fine...” he shoved the ring of keys in his pocket. Thanerah smiled softly at the sight of them, this was the first time she met the High Priest in person and she could see the resemblance between the two.

Suddenly Hidan brought a hand up with a gruff. Odan arched a brow at him “Hidan...?” Hidan’s frown slightly deepened while he was looking away. Odan smirked and shook Hidan’s hand.

“Does this mean you forgive me? You’re getting soft...” he couldn’t help it, he HAD to say it.

Hidan slightly blushed as he softly huff “Don’t push your luck, old man.”

Odan’s smirk widened then he suddenly brought Hidan into a headlock and ruffled his hair, messing it up. “Come here, son!” beamed Odan.

Thanerah giggled behind her hand at the scene before her while Hidan was trying to get out of his grasp.

“Let the f**k go of me!!” protested Hidan.

When Odan finally released him, his entire silver hair was messy in many directions and that irritated Hidan with anime veins popping on his forehead as he glared at his father. He pushed his silver hair back to its hairstyle with a few bangs caressing softly against his forehead. Odan cleared his throat to get his attention as he glanced at Thanerah who was standing at the back.

Hidan caught his attention and he glanced at Thanerah. “Tha...” he said as he held his hand out to her.

She smiled as she gladly accepted his hand and stood beside him as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

“Thanerah, meet my father Odan...Dad, meet my wife, Thanerah” introduced Hidan between the two.