Chapter 56 Chase

Dr. Raze’s ship easily landed in a forest which is very far away from Hanatul, it almost took the entire day, and unlike she thought when she was writing the small note to Hidan. The back hatch of the ship was soon opened and Thanerah walked out by it with a gun to find the 1st spirit, an eye scope, arm computer and a gun for protection attached to her right thigh. Thunder was beside her and she felt relief that he was with her because the area was dark but she could see some small lights floating around in the air.

She heard Dr. Raze in her eye scope which is also a communicator “Can you hear me, Thanerah?” he asked. Thanerah touched the communicator lightly but replied

“Yeah, I can hear you,” she scanned the area as her eye scope targeted in different spots but nothing special appeared. She asked Dr. Raze “Are you certain that the first spirit is here?”

“Yes, I’m quite certain,” replied Dr. Raze with confidence.

Thanerah let out a heavy sigh and mumbled “I hope so…”

“What was that?” asked Dr. Raze as he was unaware of what she just said.

She quickly replied “Nothing doc,” she walked forward with Thunder walking beside her. The back hatch was soon closed and she went tense for a moment.

She heard Dr. Raze said, “I’ll be here to secure the ship and try to help you find the spirit. Now hurry, we don’t have much time.”

“I was hoping you wouldn’t say that…” mumbled Thanerah under her breath as she scanned the area with her eye scope. Dr. Raze just ignored that last comment and continued to work in the hologram computer in the ship. Thanerah shoot the spirit gun to the air and immediately spread its particles in the air and slowly rained like before.

She looked at the hologram computer around her wrist and tapped a few buttons to make a map appeared. It scanned the area as the life particle does but it soon beeped red. “Nothing here…” she mumbled.

She looked around of spirits for an hour and she near to give up. She stopped to let out a frustrating sigh then asked the doctor “Doctor, are you certain that it’s around here?”

“Yes!”

“Are you sure? Because I’m starting to have my doubts.”

“Just keep searching, Thanerah.”

She narrowed her eyes in annoyance “What about this? We switch places!” soon she heard Dr. Raze exclaimed from the other line, obviously ignoring what she said.

He exclaimed “W-Wait! I have it in my map, it’s very near you! To the east!” he said with excitement in his voice.

Thanerah looked at the east and her eye scope immediately targeted a bird with a broken wing. “Oh my…” she cooed in pity as she quickly kneeled beside it and carefully collected the fallen bird in her hands after putting the spirit gun down.

It twitted rapidly in alert but soon she brought a hand out to pet it softly in the head as she cooed it “Don’t worry, I’m not going to hurt you”

She soon heard Dr. Raze “Have you found it?”

“Yes, it’s a bird with a broken wing”

“Good, now come back here quickly so we can extract it”

“What do you by ‘extract’ it?” she asked the Dr. wryly.

“Don’t worry; we’re just going to get a small sample of it than release it back to its nature. No harm done” explained Dr. Raze.