“What the fuck are you looking at? I know I’m sexy and all but do you have to fucking glare at me like that? I mean, seriously, we wouldn’t want to ruin that pretty face of yours. Even though it’s a wolf face.”

Thanerah perked her ears up, *He thinks I’m pretty?* asked Thanerah.

she changed back to her human form, “What the fuck are you doing? You want to freeze to death?” asked Hidan.

Thanerah shook her head and answered while rubbing her shoulders to keep herself warm as possible, “I want to know how far this ‘Gate’ of yours is?! I mean, we’ve been walking for non stop!”

Hidan’s mouth turned into a small frown as he thought, *Is this how Kakuzu felt when I talking like that? Man, what a pain in the ass!*

His soon snapped out of his thoughts when Thanerah was shouting out his name to him, “Hidan!! Hidan!! Are you paying attention to me or not!?”

Hidan groaned softly while rubbing the bridge of his nose, “Thanerah, you’re sounding just like me whenever I argue to Kakuzu! Now I fucking know why he hates me so much!”

Thanerah narrowed her eyes at him, “Don’t change the damn subject!! Just answer the damn question!”

“You should reconsider the ‘damn’ word with ‘fuck’” said Hidan nonchalantly.

Thanerah groaned then she shuddered from the cold. “Argh, I hate the cold...” Hidan sighed heavily before he took his black coat off, walked to her side and put his coat on her shoulders.

“It’s not far from now. It’s just a few miles from here,” answered Hidan as he rubbed her shoulders.

Thanerah sighed softly in relief as she brought Hidan’s coat closer then she asked him, “What about you?”

He only grinned widely at her and said, “I’ll be fucking fine, Thanerah. I’ve been living here nearly half of my life; my body can handle the fucking cold.”

Thanerah arched a brow as they both start walking towards the north once more. “How?” she asked him.

“There were a few times that I’ll have to live in the snow for a month while wearing only shorts.”

Thanerah’s eyes widened, “A-Are you serious?”

Hidan nodded with a grin, “It was fucking terrible at first but after a few weeks it felt nothing, so it was fine.”

Suddenly he was punched in the arm by Thanerah.

“Ow! What the fuck woman?!” asked Hidan while rubbing the spot where she hit him, even though it was slightly throbbing.

“You could have told me that, Hidan!! No! You could have given me your coat in the first place!”

“It slipped from my fucking mind, Thanerah! It was 300 years ago! Do you have any fucking idea how hard it is to remember shit like that?!”

Thanerah only sighed heavily and said, “Whatever you say, Hidan, and let’s get to the Gate already!”

He sighed heavily as well, “Fine.”

--

After a few hours, Thanerah and Hidan were still walking until suddenly Thanerah saw a land that was fields of green with a few flowers, on the other side, like a half-half; one side with a land of snow and the other a land of summer.

“What kind of land is this?” asked Thanerah as she scratched the side of her head in confusion but she felt relief when she walked to the land of warmth with Hidan.

“A very complicated one” answered Hidan serenely.

After a while there were no more flowers but sharp mountains with the sky darken by dark clouds and there was also thunder clashing. Thanerah looked up at the thundery sky and asked Hidan, “Is it going to rain or something?”

Hidan shrugged his shoulders, “Maybe, but it’s normal for clashing of thunders here. After all, this land is the land of storm”

“’Land of storm’?” asked Thanerah while titling her head to the side with Hidan’s jacket still resting on her shoulders.

Not because it was warm but because it had Hidan’s scent on it which made Thanerah to feel addictive of it. Soon they came to a sharp edge mountain with a weird round orb that was covered in details with two tall detailed pillars at its side.

“Is this the Gate?” asked Thanerah as she stared at it in awe.

Hidan nodded before he ordered her, “Come here.”

Thanerah arched a brow at him but obeyed, and when she got to his side he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“What are you doing, Hidan?” asked Thanerah while they both walked towards the Gate.

“Just trust me, Thanerah,” he said without looking at her and was looking at the Gate intently as if he was waiting for something to come out.

Thanerah could tell that Hidan was tense when they both got to stand before the Gate, and then suddenly they heard a booming low voice, “Who dares enter my domain...?”

Suddenly something large appeared crawling out from behind the Gate Mountain and Thanerah could see two red glowing eyes staring at her. She went tense but Hidan tightened his hold around her and he was looking at the mysterious large creature without fear.

“We want to enter to the Hanatul City!” demanded Hidan with a shout.

The shadow figure narrowed its eyes at Hidan while growling softly. “Reveal yourself...” ordered the creature.

Hidan sighed heavily and answered, “General Hidan of the Death Army, also right hand of Lord Jashin! My wife, Thanerah Kross!” He also didn’t seem to be happy of saying that, but he was saying it with pride.

The shadow creature just continued to growl softly before it crawled down to the ground, making the earth to shake a bit under their feet. It started to walk towards them, and with every step it took the earth shook. When it got closer, Thanerah gasped when she saw that it was a dragon that was half mechanical. It looked closely at Hidan before it looked at Thanerah with its mechanical eye.

She went tense but Hidan sooth her, “Don’t be afraid. It’s just looking through your thoughts and heart.”

Thanerah arched a brow at him but she was mostly aware of the Guardian before her, “Wh-What do you mean?”

“I mean this Guardian can know what we’re thinking, why we’re really here, and what we truly desire. It only allows loyal followers by blood.”

“By blood?” asked Thanerah

“If your blood is pure to the religion you follow.”

The Guardian stopped and slightly pulled away, “Proceed...” it said, it didn’t even talk with its mouth which made Thanerah to think.

*Is he talking to us through our minds?!*

Then the Gate was opened to reveal a red portal with faint screaming and ghost coming out from it.

Thanerah shivered in fear but Hidan comforted her by saying while tightening his hold around her, “Don’t be afraid.”

Thanerah breathe in deeply and nodded, “Okay.”

Hidan and Thanerah walked past the Guardian who was walking their every movement until they went through the portal and the Gate closed shut.