» 28

(GIA'S POV)

"Gia, you're more dumb than a rock." I hear as my eyes begin to adjust to the light.

They adjust rather quickly which catches me off guard.

"You shouldn't question a rock's intelligence." I respond, taking note of my surroundings.

"You're going to have a serious drinking problem when you're older." The voice continues, and I finally look up to see Ava doing her make up in my room.

Alright, so I made it home.

Ava isn't strong though, so how'd I get up here?

Maybe I teleported.

The wizards have blessed me.

"Or serious drinking will have a problem with me." I counter, now sitting up.

"Gia, look," Ava turns to face me, and I feel concentrated.

She takes out a chalkboard from the closet, and I begin to wonder where it came from.

"Where'd you get the—"

"This dot represents you." Ava cuts me off, and draws a dot on the left side of the chalkboard.

Where'd the chalk come from?

"This dot represents Zach."

She draws another dot on the right side of the board.

Quickly, she draws a heart in the middle of both dots.

"YOU TWO DIMWITS LOVE EACH OTHER AND WILL END UP HURTING EACH OTHER IF YOU TWO DON'T COME TO SOME AGREEMENT OR CONCLUSION ABOUT IT TOGETHER!"

I jump from this sudden energy.

Staying silent, I examine board.

I finally speak up.

"The heart doesn't connect at the bottom."

Ava's eyes widen in anger, and she throws the piece of chalk at me furiously.

"GIA, WAKE UP!"

I sit up nearly instantly, and I'm on my couch.

"What the..." I mumble, feeling terrified by having a dream that felt real.

I look up and see Ava, and then begin to feel pounding in my head.

Luckily, there's no chalk.

"Sorry, I know you should sleep it off, but I thought you'd be more comfortable in your room since I'm not strong enough to take you up." Ava explains, then hands me some mug.

Yeah, that was definitely a dream.

A really terrifying dream.

I look up at her, taking the cup.

"Yeah, yeah thanks." I reply after a few seconds, taking awhile to process the short explanation.

"Come on, I'll help you." Ava offers after I drink whatever was in the cup.

Juice?

She takes the cup from my hand and places it elsewhere, but I really just don't care and want to sleep this away.

I get up on my feet, Ava helping me.

Slowly, we make it to the stairs and I manage to feel content that there was no sight of a chalkboard or chalk.

/

After my shower, I sit on my bed, thankful that the hangover has passed.

Should I invite Ava over or wait until she shows up?