» 18

(GIA'S POV)

Well, the argument had to end somehow and I guess that's that.

Not knowing how to feel, I text Zach back, hoping that this doesn't make things worse again:

Yeah talk later in person, and thanks for letting me know

I don't know if that was the correct reply because honestly if I wasn't in a good mood, I'd probably leave Zach on open or reply with 'k'.

Yeah, the reply was good enough.

Going through the rest of my snaps, I read through the messages that Jack and Daniel left about the ceiling fixer leaving as well.

I notice that Zach has opened my message, but isn't typing.

Zach, are you trying to start a fight?

"There's an emergency apparently, I have to go back to the hospital." My dad sighs, cutting off my thoughts.

My thoughts of fighting Zach because he left me on opened.

"Drop me off at the park, the one that's nearby." I tell him, not surprised that he has to leave so soon.

"It's a twenty minute walk, what part of nearby is that?" My dad asks me, and I see that he's just plain confused.

"Well, if your patient dies..." I trail off, hoping that this was enough to at least change his mind for a second.

"You're using my dying patient to back you up?" My dad asks me, unable to believe that I said what I did.

"Tell them I said thank you." I smile sheepishly, and my dad looks at me for a second while shaking his head.

"I'll drop you off there, only because the sun is still out." My dad gives in.

"Thank you." I decide to say, not wanting to say anything else since that's a risky move.

I don't want to be the reason why he changes his mind.

He probably already is starting to change his mind though, and I don't understand why this is a global parent issue.

On the bright side of this whole thing, he won't have a chance to see the house today in case any evidence is present.

Okay, this sounds like a murder once again and I don't understand why.

/

I watch my dad's sable car drives off, always impressed by its beauty.

Looking around and feeling happy to be here, this is what I need: the fresh air that always feels welcoming, the sounds of life around you, and--

A baby crying.

This is not what I meant by the 'sounds of life around you'.

It reminds me of a memory from when I went to the movies, long ago though.

Sitting behind me was a kid, crying and being loud, obnoxious... typical.

To make matters better, the couple in front of me wouldn't stop sucking each other's throats out.

I get it, be happy with your partner and all, but please... don't tell me you can't hear the noises you're making.