Chapter 26: A friend or a foe?

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Whew! That's a tough one.." sabi ng pakialamero...no scratch that...pakialamera because the stupid culprit is a woman.

"What's your problem?! Are you broke or something? Can't you even buy your own drink?" singhal ko sa babae sabay hablot sa basong kinuha nito.

She didn't say anything, instead, she just ordered a glass of vodka sa bartender na starstruck yata base sa pagkakatitig nito sa babae. She just smiled knowingly to the bartender na agad din namang natauhan..

Tsk, tsk, poor guy..

I watched the profile of the girl sitting right next to me. Stunning features... I can say she's fairly tall. Modelesque if I may add. She's wearing a tight skinny jeans with a killer heels and a sexy red top. She must have known that I'm scrutinizing her because she tilted her head to my side before she removed her sunglasses and revealed that particular pair of eyes that are so familiar...

So she's here.

"You-- Olivia Hunter.. no Ollie Pierce." I said seriously.

Kung nasurpresa man ito na alam ko ang tunay nitong pangalan, hindi ito nagpahalata.

"Ah! You did your homework." she said with her make-believe surprised tone. Her face lit up in amusement. Nagpatuloy ito sa pagsasalita.

"So, what do you want to talk about? Did you ask me here para eexplain yung pakikialam mo nung isang araw? Yeah right, what the hell was that anyway? Don't tell me you got the hots for me.." she chuckled while circling the rim of her glass with her finger.

I gave a humorless laugh.

"Don't flatter yourself too much you scheming bitch. I know who you really are, so save your  stupid assumptions for the next guy na mabibilog mo." I gritted my teeth. The gall of this woman to assume na may gusto ako rito? Hell would freeze over before that happens.

"Hey, relax. I know you hate me and believe me, the feeling's mutual." she shrugged her shoulders.

"I did that reckless and disgusting stunt to save my friend from you." I said while looking straight into her blue eyes.

She gave a saccharine smile.. a little too saccharine for my liking almost as if she's mocking me.

"At your expense? Oooh.. how cute. So you let the whole campus assume na you and I had a thing going on para lang isave si August mula sa kin. That's so noble of you." she continued smiling like silly.

"Can you stop being sarcastic?!" I barked. Nakakabwisit yung nang-uuyam na ngiti sa mga labi nito.

The incident spread like wildfire. People around the campus looked at the three of us like we're some kind of a sick joke. And its really getting into my nerves. I really shouldn't have done that. Now I regret my being "noble". It's actually stupidity to the highest degree. 

Sumeryoso rin ito. I saw how her eyes changed shades while different emotions played on her face while she looked at me with  that disturbing intensity reflected from her eyes.

I swallowed the imaginary lump stucked in my throat.

"You.. I don't know what you're up to. But I'm telling you. Huwag mong idamay si August sa mga strings of boyfriends mo because God knows you don't deserve him, what with all the scandals trailing behind you way back in America, and of course, your dirty reputation. I don't mean to be rude and I know I don't have the right to tell you all these things and to judge you but you're messing with my friend, Ollie and that's not good." I said frankly.

I saw hurt flashed in her eyes but its immediately gone and was replaced with a smile. I felt like a heel, a first class jerk for no damn reason.