Chapter 35

[WE BACK YALL AND ALSO I APPRECIATE ALL THE COMMENTS I GOT FROM RETURN I LOVE YALL FR once i catch up on all my stories i might post an Isaac story that i never finished there's roughly 36 chapters but let me know if you want it] [kinda wanna do another stiles one too idk]

|Taylor Hale|

The elevator doors opened and the first person we saw was Sheriff. I watched as more bodies got wheeled in the direction of the morgue.

"Who found them?" Stiles asked his father.

"Argent. He said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is." Sheriff replied.

I shrugged, "We've got a theory."

"It's a slightly terrifying theory." Stiles added.

"Well, the ME said that victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels."

"Hey, what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies?" Scott questioned.

"Why would they do that?" Kira asked quietly.

"Maybe they're covering for it. Protecting it like a parent would." I suggested.

Sheriff looked at me, "Protecting what?"

"A werewolf." Scott answered.

"It's called the Beast." Kira added.

Stiles nodded, "We know. Horrifying."

"We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish... because it looks like his dream is coming true."
________________________________

"By order of the sheriff, a county-wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after-school activities are canceled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day." A man on the intercom announced.

I watch as two officers walked down the hallway with shotguns in their hands. Spotting Stiles, Scott and I walked up to him.

"You don't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a high school?" Stiles asked Strauss.

"Your Dad's the one that issued us these things, and he wouldn't officially say why." He answered.

"Did he say anything unofficially?" Scott asked.

Strauss sighed, "No but everyone's got a theory."

I raised an eyebrow, "What's yours?"

"I shouldn't be talking to you guys. Don't you have class?"

"Come on, Strauss. What's your theory?" Stiles asked again.

"Do you guys believe in the supernatural?" He whispered.

Scott, Stiles, and I looked at each other before looking back at him.
________________________________

"I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick, okay?"

I nodded as Stiles left the room. We had went to check on Lydia in Eichen House. Lydia and I weren't the best of friends but it hurt me to see her like this.

"Your teachers gave us some of the stuff you guys have been working on. They wanted us to hold on to it for you. I saw something about the Riemann Hypothesis and things like nontrivial zeros and zeta functions and a lot of other things that I can't even understand. Maybe you can wake up and explain it to me? You know... I used to hate you. I hated how Stiles was so in love with you. Hated how perfect you are. I hated how smart you were although you'd never show it in front of Jackson. Oh, come on, Lydia. You have to come back to us. There's no way in hell we're getting through this without you. You have to wake up."

"I think that's enough.... Taylor." Mrs. Martin stated from behind me.

Stiles walked in as she said this, "Let me just get my bag."

As he leaned down, I noticed something by Lydia's head, "Wait. What's that? What are they doing?" I whispered.

Part of her head was shaved.

"All right you need to go." Mrs. Martin said grabbing my arm.

"They shaved her head. Look at it. Did you... did you know about this? What are they planning to do? Drill a hole into her head?" Stiles questioned.

She rolled her eyes, "Are you crazy? It's for E-C-T. Electroconvulsive therapy. They shave small portions of the scalp. It's done under general anesthesia and it's perfectly safe. Look at her. She's my daughter. You don't think I'm trying everything I can to bring her out of this?"

"That's not E-C-T." I said glaring at her.

A guard walked in behind me, "Is everything alright in here?"

"It's fine. Our guests were just leaving. Go or you're not coming back."

I rolled my eyes before storming out. As I stormed out, I bumped into a guard, swiping his pass.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"God, you are amazing." Stiles said once we were out of there.

I gave him a quick kiss, "Oh, I know."
________________________________

I walked into the Animal Shelter with Stiles right behind me. Malia and Braeden were there, injured but alive.

I pulled Malia in for a hug, "Don't ever do that to me again."

"I know. I'm sorry." She whispered.

I looked to the right of them to see Deaton. I smiled widely as he walked towards me.

"Welcome back." I whispered as I hugged him too.