5

I feel so weak lately. So tired. Jerald stays here at the hospital with me all the time. He won't leave no matter how many times I tell him to. So stubborn. He loves me so much. The kids come and visit me once in a while. Toby is the only one who comes four days out the week. Wayne is busy with work, so I understand. That's what Toby told me. Dylin went off somewhere with his wife and Tyler and said he'll be back soon. I wonder what he's doing. I have Toby typing this out for me since I can't really type like I used to. I can barely see the keys and don't know where my glasses are. I forget things a lot. It's because I'm old, I have the beginning stages of alzheimer's disease. I forgot how to brush my teeth the other day. It's sad not to be how you used to. I miss playing with the kids, but I might hurt them by accident. I almost burnt Tyler one day. It still haunts me. I feel so bad. Maybe that's why they left. They're scared I might hurt him. I don't blame them though, I just might. They make me feel useless. Masika is one now. She learned to talk and it's adorable. She's so curious about the world. She's the only grandchild of mine I see anymore. Wayne won't bring Rudolph because he's working, even his wife won't and I hate her. She does nothing. I can't see Tyler because Dylin and them left. Toby is the only one who stayed with me. Even Cara comes up and brings me treats the doctors say I can have. I'm so glad Toby made Jerald go home for a day, he needs some proper rest. Masika calls me grandmama. She even does a little accent too, she's only one and has an accent she's trying to use. Walking for her is perfect, she has it down pat. I wish I could tell you more about Rudoplh and Tyler, but I haven't seen them in months. I wonder how their hair grew. Do they walk and talk now? Do they remember me? Does Wayne and Dylin ever speak of me to them? Why do they treat me this way? Once I'm old, I'm trash. What happened to the parties we had? All the jokes we told each other? How we could talk all night, when I drank coffee. I get old and I'm trash. I'm dirt. I was there for my mom when she got old. I was there by her side on her death bed. Why can't my kids treat me the same? Dylin isn't my child, but I love him like one. Wayne is mine and he doesn't even talk to me. Why am I treated this way? I'm not dead yet so don't act like I am.
Dylin came back today with a surprise for me. He brought me sand and sea shells. Also a mango and many other things. Dylin travelled for me. He took pictures of everything. Made me cry. I have sand from Florida, and a hula skirt from Hawaii. Little Tyler even helped pick it out. Marisela isn't here so I guess she doesn't like me either. I don't care though. I don't need her. I have Jerald, Toby, Dylin, Masika, Tyler, and Cara here by my side. What else do I need?
Wayne came up today with Rudolph. He's so big now. He doesn't remeber me much. He left crying because he didn't want to leave his mammy. He calls me that. Tyler says Mamo. What is Mamo? I don't know. They are really beautiful you know. All of them, my kids, my grandkids, Dylin and Tyler. I love everyone so much.