[03] the strange man

"Well, hi," I said in a high pitched tone, dragging on the "I" in hi.
The tall man furrowed his brow, confused
"So are you gonna help me up, or am I gonna sit here looking awkward?" I said sassily. Is that even a word? Oh well.

The blonde man sighed, then extended his hand to pick me up. After brushing my body off, i look up to see that the man has a blue baseball cap on and sunglasses. Was he like a cop or something? With a body like that he must be a big deal.He crossed his arms.

"Why were you running so fast and not looking where you were going? That was a very careless move, you could have really hurt someone."

God, I don't even know him and he's acting like my dad.

I rolled my eyes "It's a long story, and I don't think I'm a careless person... I think it's just the universe's way of saying...things happen for a reason" I said, crossing my arms to try and be on the same level as the slightly scary man.

He chuckled. "You made that up on the spot, didn't you?"

I stood up straighter to try to match his height, but it didn't do much.

"Maybe I did."

He grinned "Just think what one of them would do to you if you ran into them." He pointed to ugly tower in the middle of the city, also known as the known as the Avengers tower.

My eyes grew wide with anger. Oh, he went there.

"I'd do a lot worse than sass them. It's been seven years and they can't seem to stop causing destruction. They've cost the world upwards of $649.8 billion, and killed over 270 people." I ranted, more than a little pissed off. Listen, don't want me to rant, don't ring up the Avengers

The man looked very taken back. What was his deal?

"I plan to get back at them, I plan to make them pay for their destructive actions. I don't think they see a difference between saving people and killing them". I said, looking up to the building.

Looking back at the man he still looked shocked. After a minute or two he shook his head with a fake grin plastered on his face.

"Where are your parents? You're a 12 year old running around the streets, someone could kidnap you." he said, looking at me with concern.

"First of all, I'm 13, turning 14 tomorrow, and second of all I'm kind of....homeless."

"Do you need-"

''No! No no.... I'm good, I have it all figured out!" I said, cutting him of. I already knew what he was going to say. Do you need money? food? shelter? I had to be a big girl and do this whole living thing on my own.

"Well my name is Steve if you need anything" he said with a smile, extending his hand.

"Lylah Valerian" I said shaking his hand

"Well i better get to my base... UH I MEAN VAN, I mean van I live in a van now!" I said with the biggest, awkwardest smile ever.

"You live in a wha-?"

"Uh, NOTHING! Bye...uh...Steve!" i said running as fast as could to the street of my van.

"Huh, what a strange man..." i thought as i walked deeper into the alley way that would be my new home.

---

A/N:

[Here is chapter 3!! I know its short but i just need to get some points across so we can get into the action and such :)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 80 VIEWS TOO! I MEAN DANG YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!

CAM♡♡♡]